Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    It is possible someone retrofitted it, though I don't see why they would.
    Do your rear seats fold? The rears look like they fold, based on the pics.
    As uzhe you're right. The seats do fold.
    --Wes--

04 330i ZHP Oxford Green/Natural Brown
    04 330Ci ZHP Silvergrey/Alcantara (RIP)

Quote Originally Posted by webster View Post
    As uzhe you're right. The seats do fold.

Sweet! You got the good 'stuff, bruh.

Man, I got sooooo damn lucky that the NB interior I swapped in was not only Sport, but also heated and with folding rears. So hard to find a combo like this. Nice that yours came with all the gooooooods...
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

beautiful car and color combo. very jealous...

side note.. if you are interested in the M3 mirror mod I can help you out. I have several M3 mirror sets available that I retrofit sedan ribbon cable motors into and mod the base plate as well for sedan. all you need to do is get them painted when you get them from me. let me know if you are interested in a set.

I also have 1 set of POWER FOLD motors I can retrofit into the set as well so you can have power folding M3 mirrors for sedan.
    2003 ZHP 332i | S54 6 speed
    2002 ZHP Touring | M54 6 Speed

wow nice colour combo!!!

P.S. Get new floor mats, those got to go.

-Daniel
    OEM BMW Performance (Missing cams and seats)
    LEVEL ONE // Euro Techniks
    Auto -> 6 Speed complete

This thread is overdue for an update. I have had nothing but issues since taking ownership of the car. I really feel like the P.O. Sold me a lemon and tried to conceal it as much as possible.

i had the car inspected by Black Forest Werkshop in Austin, TX which came back very, very positive. Aside from some cosmetic issues, a bit of rust, and the original cooling system, everything seemed to check out. So i agreed to buy the car sight unseen (which i will NEVER do again) for basically full asking price (the car is 1/1 with its options). I was genuinely excited about the car. Now, I fucking hate the thing and want to sell it.

Upon delivering the car to my local Indy shop (Bavarian Machine Specialties) i was advised of a number of issues that the PPI from BFW in Austin did not pick up. These included:

- aftermarket Walmart suspension (some pos Monroe crap) - SELLER CLAIMED OE SHOCKS REPLACED - THIS WAS A LIE!!!
    - Leaking OFHG (seller claimed this was fixed under his ownership but could not provide receipts)
    - Cracked/failing RTABs
    - Worn FCABs
    - AC refrigerant leak
    - Warped brake rotors (noticeable shimmy in the steering wheel)
    - Excessive underbody rust (resulting in additional labor charges from the shop for brake lines/cooling system work)
    - Electrical gremlins galore: no light flashing on lock, no chimes at all (key in ignition, parking brake on in drive, headlights still on, etc)

The result is a $5k+ bill for stuff i did not anticipate having to address. It's left a very sour taste in my mouth.

I called BFW in Austin and provided the feedback relating to all of the above. I will say that Chris seemed genuinely upset by it, not that it does me much good. I would hope at the least he will refund me the $200 in PPI fees.

What makes it even worse is that I KNEW I shouldn't try to replace my lost ZHP with another one right away but i was just desperate to fill that void left in the wake of the crash and surgery. I should have stayed patient and settled for a more "common" ZHP in much better condition (i.e., Zach's ZHP in Idaho). So part of it is i am mad at myself.

I also didn't realize the title was out of state (my fault) so today i had to pay $900 in registration fees. I should have used this to negotiate the price down. Live and learn on that i suppose.

Anyways, i need some encouragement because as it stands i am looking to just sell the car and move on...
    --Wes--

I am so sorry to hear about your woes As much as the seller concealed all this info from you, I think the PPI shop is what really screwed you over.

I think the OFHG, RTABs, FCAB and the warped rotors can be fixed quite easily and should not break the bank. The AC leak might be a bit expensive to fix though.

The no flashing on lock and no chimes might be a coding thing and 10 minutes with PA Soft can fix that.
    anandoc

2004 330i auto | ZPP, ZCW | Schwarz 2 (668) | schwarz (N6SW)

aFe Stage-1 Pro DRY S intake | Morimoto FX-R 3.0 retrofit | ///M3 Seats (power, heat, bolster adj.) | ///M3 Strut Brace | ///M3 SMG Steering Wheel retrofit | OEM Alarm retrofit | GROM USB | Khoalty angel eyes

oh man, wes!! i'm sorry to hear. but, you've come to the right place for support. as anando said... it's all stuff that is easy to address. and it's all wear and tear items too.

all of that said... i can totally appreciate how you must be feeling: deceived. we've all been there - i've bought too many sets of supposedly 'straight' wheels only to find out they're bent. it sucks. but, i deal with them accordingly and keep truckin' on, because, really, getting all worked up about it isn't going to help you - especially during your time of rehab!

you'll fork out some more cash right now to sort stuff out, but in the end you'll get that 1-of-1 OG/NB sedan into awesome shape.

what's the deal with the underbody rust?
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Oh, no ! When I read your post, I was hoping to find a "just kidding, guys" in there but then I realized you are really unhappy about the deal. IMHO you covered all the bases: PPI, Carfax, and buying from a Mafia member. Some time ago I considered to buy a ZHP in Houston and did research for a PPI place. I arrived to the conclusion your Indy is among the best, but I didn't made the deal after all so I didn't have chance to visit the shop.

I went back and looked at your pics here, and still believe your car looks fantastic. You will need to spend a little more than planned, but at the end you will own an unicorn that will make most of us jealous.

In summary: if was in your situation I would keep the car ! GL.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Thanks guys. I really just miss my perfect coupe that I wrecked :'(
    --Wes--

Total estimate from my shop is $12k. That's more than I paid for the car. And that does not include the suspension which will remain cheap aftermarket Walmart shit for now.

Anyone want to buy a $25k ZHP?
    --Wes--

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast