Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    fantastic, that is good news!

agreed on the ambers - they are a non-negotiable for me on oxford green.
    Agreed.

New plates came in

--Wes--

04 330i ZHP Oxford Green/Natural Brown
    04 330Ci ZHP Silvergrey/Alcantara (RIP)

Quote Originally Posted by webster View Post
    New plates came in
    Nice! I gotta get me some vanity plates too!
    anandoc

2004 330i auto | ZPP, ZCW | Schwarz 2 (668) | schwarz (N6SW)

aFe Stage-1 Pro DRY S intake | Morimoto FX-R 3.0 retrofit | ///M3 Seats (power, heat, bolster adj.) | ///M3 Strut Brace | ///M3 SMG Steering Wheel retrofit | OEM Alarm retrofit | GROM USB | Khoalty angel eyes

New plates came in

nice.

i can even see your lone crutch in the reflection.

i was kinda hoping you'd get "OG ZHP", because, hey, double meaning and all that.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

lol that would have been a good one.
    --Wes--

8/21/17

over the weekend i was able to code the car via PA Soft to make a number of coding changes, notably the temp gauge and speedo needles (TerraPhantm's technique), and add the clown nose blink and turn signal flash on lock.

i am still not able to get the warning chimes (lights on with key out of ignition, key in position 1 and door open, parking brake while moving, etc) to activate even after 're-writing' the cluster with those default settings. i also can't get the auto-lock at 10mph to work either. i am not sure if the cluster is in fact faulty as my indy said, because the other coding features were successful. anyone have any ideas here?

i also upgraded the factory halogen bulbs to the following:

http://store.candlepower.com/osraulhiouh7.html

i did quite a bit of research for halogen bulb upgrades which led me to a discussion on this very board about the Osram Rallye bulbs which are discontinued. so i found the Vosla brand that's described in that link. i installed them at dusk and then came inside for dinner>game of thrones>bed so i haven't had a chance to compare them to the stock bulbs (will do that tonight) but am hoping for some improvement - the stockers are not very good tbh. i do like the simplicity of swapping the halogens and no burnt bowl factor. a full retrofit may take place down the road but is not a priority right now.

i posted on facebook about doing a Shark tune and Seth recommended the Eurocharged custom tune (they have a Houston shop location), so i plan to contact them for an appointment and get it done, hopefully in the next week or 2. i will be selling a brand new Shark if it all works out.

Oh and I realized I never posted a pic of the engine bay after the Dinan intake install. Not that you guys haven't seen one before

--Wes--

i am still not able to get the warning chimes (lights on with key out of ignition, key in position 1 and door open, parking brake while moving, etc) to activate even after 're-writing' the cluster with those default settings.
    Are you able to post a screenshot of your PA Soft with the current settings that you have coded in? I can compare to what I currently have.

I have the Osram Rallyeye 65W bulbs - TBH not a huge difference. I'd rather go for the Morimoto H7 LEDs.
    anandoc

2004 330i auto | ZPP, ZCW | Schwarz 2 (668) | schwarz (N6SW)

aFe Stage-1 Pro DRY S intake | Morimoto FX-R 3.0 retrofit | ///M3 Seats (power, heat, bolster adj.) | ///M3 Strut Brace | ///M3 SMG Steering Wheel retrofit | OEM Alarm retrofit | GROM USB | Khoalty angel eyes

i am still not able to get the warning chimes (lights on with key out of ignition, key in position 1 and door open, parking brake while moving, etc) to activate even after 're-writing' the cluster with those default settings. i also can't get the auto-lock at 10mph to work either. i am not sure if the cluster is in fact faulty as my indy said, because the other coding features were successful. anyone have any ideas here?
    I think you need a factory defaults flash with NCS Expert. I recommend you find someone who has it locally to you and have them perform a factory reset with Expert Mode.

i also upgraded the factory halogen bulbs to the following:

http://store.candlepower.com/osraulhiouh7.html

i did quite a bit of research for halogen bulb upgrades which led me to a discussion on this very board about the Osram Rallye bulbs which are discontinued. so i found the Vosla brand that's described in that link. i installed them at dusk and then came inside for dinner>game of thrones>bed so i haven't had a chance to compare them to the stock bulbs (will do that tonight) but am hoping for some improvement - the stockers are not very good tbh. i do like the simplicity of swapping the halogens and no burnt bowl factor. a full retrofit may take place down the road but is not a priority right now.
    I can tell you from experience - doing anything to the halogens is a waste of time. The only real upgrade is a Xenon retrofit, unfortunately.
    I'm curious what you do end up retrofitting with when you get around to it. I highly recommend FX-R's - these things are badass!
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    I think you need a factory defaults flash with NCS Expert. I recommend you find someone who has it locally to you and have them perform a factory reset with Expert Mode.
    thanks. best advice for finding someone locally? i try to avoid actually posting on e46f cause of all the riff raff. facebook maybe?

I can tell you from experience - doing anything to the halogens is a waste of time. The only real upgrade is a Xenon retrofit, unfortunately.
    I'm curious what you do end up retrofitting with when you get around to it. I highly recommend FX-R's - these things are badass!
    lol you really hate halogens! i don't do a lot of night time driving so it's really not a big deal. i'll get to it eventually. concerned mainly with optimizing performance and getting the gremlins sorted right now...
    --Wes--

thanks. best advice for finding someone locally? i try to avoid actually posting on e46f cause of all the riff raff. facebook maybe?
    You can try Facebook, but you would have a better chance finding someone on the forum who has the whole setup.
    Or, you can fly me out there and I'll do it for you.

lol you really hate halogens!
    Yeah, I just have a serious problem with manufacturers who still use this inferior lighting product on modern cars. When Toyota is putting LED headlights standard on their lowest model car (the Corolla) and BMW is still using halogens, it really ticks me off. It's a serious safety item that they're still skimping on.
    I think BMW's halogen headlights were rated amongst the worst headlights in a recent study, and that doesn't surprise me.

i don't do a lot of night time driving so it's really not a big deal. i'll get to it eventually. concerned mainly with optimizing performance and getting the gremlins sorted right now...
    I'm glad you don't have to drive at night. That gives you time to sort out other stuff!
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast