Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Whats wrong with the ///M3 strut tower brace? Its OEM and looks just right in the 330i/ZHP engine bay...
    anandoc

2004 330i auto | ZPP, ZCW | Schwarz 2 (668) | schwarz (N6SW)

aFe Stage-1 Pro DRY S intake | Morimoto FX-R 3.0 retrofit | ///M3 Seats (power, heat, bolster adj.) | ///M3 Strut Brace | ///M3 SMG Steering Wheel retrofit | OEM Alarm retrofit | GROM USB | Khoalty angel eyes

Quote Originally Posted by webster View Post
    I bought the Turner CF bar here:

https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-3...I54aArhX8P8HAQ

$170. I like that it is black and not branded. Looks OEM. Doesn't have the BMWP bling but those bars are also known to crack. I had the exact same bar as the TMS one linked above but from Rogue on my last ZHP and I can tell you that even after a major front end collision that pushed the engine ~13" back toward the cabin, the bar held. It twisted but did not break. Pretty impressive.
    Well, mine cracked, but I don't know if this has happened to anyone else. Maybe I just got unlucky?

Either way, even over 1k is absurd for this part. I think most of us who have (had &#128542 it paid $600 or less.

It may be worth waiting for another one to pop up for sale at a more reasonable price.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by anandoc View Post
    Whats wrong with the ///M3 strut tower brace? Its OEM and looks just right in the 330i/ZHP engine bay...
    I'm with you. I understand the very cool looks of the BMW Performance brace being carbon fiber, but I doubt it does a whole lot more than the standard M3 strut brace. To me it's not worth the premium.

But that's besides the point. If you're set on it, I'd keep your eyes peeled over at E46Fanatics, they seem to pop up there every so often. Also, you could try PMing some people that have it and make them an offer. That might persuade some people to sell.

Where are you located?
    04 Vert/Sapphire Black/Black/Silver Cube/MT/CWP/Xenons/HK-NAV/BMW Performance Air Intake and CF Strut Bar

Los Angeles

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    don't bother.

buy a gorgeous (and stronger) mason engineering brace for 1/3 of that.
    X2...

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Well, mine cracked, but I don't know if this has happened to anyone else. Maybe I just got unlucky?

Either way, even over 1k is absurd for this part. I think most of us who have (had &#128542 it paid $600 or less.

It may be worth waiting for another one to pop up for sale at a more reasonable price.
    Ya anything over $600 is just ridiculous. You are the second person I know that had their's crack. The BMW Perf strut bar is a work of art but not strong enough for the money, get a Mason or an OEM M3 strut bar as stated. How often do you really open the hood to enjoy the bling bar anyway? Well some of do I suppose...LoL.
    BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

Quote Originally Posted by WOLFN8TR View Post
    Ya anything over $600 is just ridiculous. You are the second person I know that had their's crack. The BMW Perf strut bar is a work of art but not strong enough for the money, get a Mason or an OEM M3 strut bar as stated. How often do you really open the hood to enjoy the bling bar anyway? Well some of do I suppose...LoL.
    I for one enjoy looking at my BMWP strut bar. I agree that if you have to get one you shouldn't have to pay more than $600 for them. I have had 3 of them and paid no more than $600 for each. None of them have cracked and I still have one mounted on my ///M still in perfect shape.

If I were to get another strut bar to replace the BMWP strut bar then I would be looking to get the Turner Motorsport carbon fiber strut bar

https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-303-turner-front-carbon-fiber-strut-brace-e46-323325328330m3/

Ya the CF Turner bar is nice.

BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

Shop Advance Auto Parts
    Not a fan of those skinny metal hinges. I like the wider, flat grooved male/female connection type hinge on the flat bars:

--Wes--

04 330i ZHP Oxford Green/Natural Brown
    04 330Ci ZHP Silvergrey/Alcantara (RIP)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast