Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    When I first bought my car I had to relearn how to enter a driver seat. The side bolsters stick out too far and I knew it would only be a matter of time till it was damaged. I had been putting my ass in first then feet but that just didn't work with these seats. I learned to put my right foot in first, then ass, then left foot. It's a little odd of a move but I can do it without bumping the bolster. You have to basically do the splits and get the right foot way over by the gas pedal.

+1. My technique may be different, but I don't touch the bolster at all going in or out.

JR ... That seat looks awesome ! Way better than the repair done by a mobile guy (luckily, it was not my car).
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1027 View Post
    When I first bought my car I had to relearn how to enter a driver seat. The side bolsters stick out too far and I knew it would only be a matter of time till it was damaged. I had been putting my ass in first then feet but that just didn't work with these seats. I learned to put my right foot in first, then ass, then left foot. It's a little odd of a move but I can do it without bumping the bolster. You have to basically do the splits and get the right foot way over by the gas pedal.
    I'll have to try this. My current method is "ehhh fuckit the bolster already has a tear in it."

Quote Originally Posted by fredo View Post
    +1. My technique may be different, but I don't touch the bolster at all going in or out.
    Dude getting into a coupe is a whole different ball game. I never touched the bolsters on my sedan and can slip right in/out of my touring with ease. The coupe though...my ass is just chewing through the bolster...

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    Dude getting into a coupe is a whole different ball game. I never touched the bolsters on my sedan and can slip right in/out of my touring with ease. The coupe though...my ass is just chewing through the bolster...
    time for the ol' dukes of hazzard method!
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

+1

Then park it in a garage, by a car, or by some sort of obstacle that means you can't open the door all the way and you are guaranteed to rub that bolster.

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    time for the ol' dukes of hazzard method!
    I've been in situations where I had to resort to holding the unlock button on the fob to roll the window down so that I can shimmy in kind of over the door. I'll start practicing it with the door closed...
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    +1

Then park it in a garage, by a car, or by some sort of obstacle that means you can't open the door all the way and you are guaranteed to rub that bolster.

The trouble we go through to look pretty and have adaptive headlights.

I'll have to try this. My current method is "ehhh fuckit the bolster already has a tear in it."

Oh how handy the B-pillar is on a sedan. ☺️

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

i have my right hand on the steering wheel and my left hand i press onto the door sill area and lift and pull my self out so that I dont put pressure on the lower left seat cushion area and i avoid the bolster. i dread getting into and out of the seats in these cars as its like a ticking time bomb with the bolster and seat cushion lol.

took a girl I was dating the other day out and she slid into her seat right into the bolster like normal and when she sat i looked at her like....

2003 ZHP 332i | S54 6 speed
    2002 ZHP Touring | M54 6 Speed

Quote Originally Posted by nextelbuddy View Post
    took a girl I was dating the other day out and she slid into her seat right into the bolster like normal and when she sat i looked at her like....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast