Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    So happy with it, I ordered two more for a 5% discount and to have for my other cars. As for fitment, they snapped securely into place--no wiggling or anything.

IMPORTANT UPDATE: Washed the car, unlatched the hood to clean the engine bay, and noticed that the hood latch was camming against an inner edge of the grille when lifted--flexing the right side of the affected grille out 1/8" or so. That, of course, is totally unacceptable, so I dremmeled said edge down and almost totally eliminated the issue. The fault for the interference may rest with my car, because the locking mechanism on my car looks pretty worn (perhaps requiring a larger range of motion than is standard). At any rate, I wanted to let people know... On an aside, I--of course--somehow knicked the surface finish of the grille during my labors. Then, I made it worse trying to use my Dremel tool polishing attachments to repair. I quit while I wasn't too far behind and dug out various grades of emery paper which fixed it up just dandy. The grille is solid, black plastic--no paint or other coatings--and is easy to repair. I like that.
    Last edited by Reasoned1; 07-21-2017 at 07:31 PM.

Good to know. Dremel is ready to rock just in case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    - Marc

So I got my ECS gloss black and BMW performance grilles today. There's definitely a difference between the quality of the two w/ BMW performance being much better despite being made out of ABS vs the ECS ones that appear to have glass in the mixture. However the gloss is a match or close enough between the two.

There are some things with the ECS grille that annoy me. Dimensions and fitment are slightly different and the slats themselves are not that great and two piece instead of a single piece like the BMW ones. I have a video I'll post on YT and update the thread with later.

When on the car you can't tell but it irks me lol.

Quote Originally Posted by zhpnsnv View Post
    Saw a good review of the grilles available on amazon over on fanatics. I ordered and will report back. https://www.amazon.com/Kidney-Grille...686Z0ABKYR3D4C

Ignore the F30 in the picture.
    Can't wait to hear what you think of them as well as get some photos. From the photo at least they look 1:1 to the BMW grille.

If they're good I'm probably going to order those, and store the BMW performance kidney I have for a later time.

BMW performance

ECS (Notice the fitment differences near the edge)

Also sorry for the multiposts. I keep deleting my reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Gmas View Post
    I just ordered a 'set' of the gloss black BMW Performance Grilles last month, but had to order each side from a different place. BMW Canada had 2 Lefts left in stock, but no Rights. ECS could get the Right, but no Left. Just happened to work out, but they've definitely dried up in most spots.
    Got ahold of BMW Laval in Canada and ordered a set of right and left. Not sure how many they have left. They were the only dealership who had stock left. Cost with shipping to US was pricey at $160 but it was worth it to me to have proper fit/finish.
    - Dave in WI, USA -
    '05 330i ZHP 6MT IMOLAROT
    /LEDERSCHWARZ

ALSO CURRENT: '13 X5M Monte Carlo Blue
    PAST: '16 340i 6MT | '13 328i AT | '05 330i ZHP 6MT Mystic Blue | '06 330ci ZHP 6MT Imola Red
    HERS: '19 X3 xDrive40i Blue

Quote Originally Posted by dlucas589 View Post
    Got ahold of BMW Laval in Canada and ordered a set of right and left. Not sure how many they have left. They were the only dealership who had stock left. Cost with shipping to US was pricey at $160 but it was worth it to me to have proper fit/finish.
    CANADA FTW!
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by dlucas589 View Post
    Hey, if it is cheaper for you stateside folks to order to one of us locals and then ship to you, let me know.
    anandoc

2004 330i auto | ZPP, ZCW | Schwarz 2 (668) | schwarz (N6SW)

aFe Stage-1 Pro DRY S intake | Morimoto FX-R 3.0 retrofit | ///M3 Seats (power, heat, bolster adj.) | ///M3 Strut Brace | ///M3 SMG Steering Wheel retrofit | OEM Alarm retrofit | GROM USB | Khoalty angel eyes

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast