Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by thinkpad240 View Post
    The Koni package has the Koni FSD and Eibach Pro-Kit spring together. I'm worried that the car's front will be too low compared to the rear due to the Eibach springs. Tirerack says this package will lower Avg 1.5 inch Front and 1.5 inch Rear. Since I'm replacing the shocks, I might has well do the springs also.

I see lots of good options described in the above posts and nice pics of cars here(BMWCurves) , but I'm also still considering just staying with the OEM Sachs to be on the safe side(for the next 7 years). I need the suspension primarily to soak up the moderately bad roads and still allow me to drive fast on highways and corner well. I don't have a lot of time to decide as the strut mounts are making lots of noise and my day off to go the shop is late next week. Thanks guys..
    If nothing else, I'd go Koni (either Sports/yellows or the FSDs) over the OE Sachs because they last longer and have a lifetime warranty. My factory Sachs were completely shot when I removed them at 10 years and only 50k miles. You can't go wrong with Koni.

Also, those descriptions of drops in ride height on TireRack due to the Eibach springs are normally for non-sport package equipped cars, meaning the drop should be less for our Performance Package (ZHP) cars. A few members have Eibach springs, they can tell you what they experienced.

If you don't want to go lower then run the FSDs on the stock springs. I had FSDs on my coupe (with the Eibach sport springs) and the overall ride and handling were improved tenfold over stock. I will certainly upgrade to FSDs myself once the suspension needs to be refreshed.
    --Wes--

04 330i ZHP Oxford Green/Natural Brown
    04 330Ci ZHP Silvergrey/Alcantara (RIP)

Webster: do you have any pictures of your car from the side to share, so I can see the lowering and wheel gaps? I have been looking at internet E46 pictures of the Koni FSD and especially with the Eibach Pro Kit springs on them. I had the Bilstein sports shocks and H&R sport spring on my prior car, I like the cornering, and braking stability and they did not wear after 7 years but hated going over bad city roads everyday and watching out for bottoming the front.

The good thing about non-oem shocks is they tend to last longer than OE and suspension work is the biggest cost on my E46 so I'm trying to get the setup correct for my needs. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by thinkpad240 View Post
    Webster: do you have any pictures of your car from the side to share, so I can see the lowering and wheel gaps? I have been looking at internet E46 pictures of the Koni FSD and especially with the Eibach Pro Kit springs on them. I had the Bilstein sports shocks and H&R sport spring on my prior car, I like the cornering, and braking stability and they did not wear after 7 years but hated going over bad city roads everyday and watching out for bottoming the front.

The good thing about non-oem shocks is they tend to last longer than OE and suspension work is the biggest cost on my E46 so I'm trying to get the setup correct for my needs. Thanks.
    Here you go. The rears would rub on big bumps only if the car was fully loaded (i.e. Trunk full of suitcases and passengers in back seat). 99% of the time it was not an issue. The wheels are staggered ARC-8s (rears are 18x9 ET 42).

--Wes--

wes, that looks awesome. stock sized PSS?
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

I loved that fitment/ride height. It was perfect. Yea, OEM fitment on the PSS.

RIP
    --Wes--

Quote Originally Posted by webster View Post
    I loved that fitment/ride height. It was perfect. Yea, OEM fitment on the PSS.

RIP
    yeah. looks perfect. too bad the sedan/Touring can't handle those meats without rubbing (unless you do some rear fender lip rolling). that's the setup i want to run!
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

It's been 3 months since I decided to go with the FSD and the stock OE springs. One of the best decision I've made, with the forum's help.
    The car is leveled evenly. It takes bumpy uneven roads and expansion joints well. I've not have hit bottom yet. It corners well and rigid for my crazy zip-zig freeway driving style. Very competent and assuring.

I recently took it to a highway and the limit was that it takes medium curves well at up to 90mph. Any faster, well I have to start using the brakes. It sucks though that I get passed by a Nissan Z on curvy roads. The ZHP is not meant to be a sports car. It does everything I need it to do. Here's a pic.

Name:  newsus0917.jpg
Views: 910
Size:  429.3 KB

Beautiful!

YELKOS - Lake Norman, NC
    2006 330Ci ZHP, ZPP Vert. 6MT Mystic Blue / Grey Montana leather
    purchased 8/23/17 w/ 92,000

Current Stable

2014 Audi A6 Premium Plus (wife's ride)
    2005 Ford F-150 Lariat 4X4 (Daily Driver)
    2006 Acura MDX Touring (Daughter's college car)
    Deceased (Sold)
    2006 Audi A6
    1999 328I 5MT
    1998 528I AT

Congrats on the FSD's. I've been enjoying mine.
    2006 6MT Coupe, Alpine White • Premium, Cold Weather and Xenon packages
    MFactory 3.38 LSD • 27mm M3 bar • ECS strut brace • Koni FSD's

Other tweaks: see my profile

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast