Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Wisco View Post
    This was me about 20 years ago when I too finally realized how much fun driving could be. For me it was a ride in a friends M3 coupe. Since then we've had 3 kids and bought a 2007 328i/e90 sedan (N52 straight six, Sport/Premium, 6MT, no iDrive). It's been a blast and is the "best 5-series" BMW ever built, as some internet pundits have said.

Anyway, the e90 is a great car and I'm still using it as a DD at 125K on the ODO... but a ZHP. You've found the right spot my friend. To me the ZHP hits all the right BMW buttons (chassis/suspension and steering) with enough oomph, affordable maintenance/insurance and the family-friendly feel. Our kids are in HS or college, but it didn't stop us from buying a ZHP as a fun car. Now I'm itching to get another.
    Wisco, your words give me more assurance with your past! Thank you for that. E90 looks solid, I become more worried with the more modules and potential electrical issues or malfunctions.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Skelkar116 View Post
    Wisco, your words give me more assurance with your past! Thank you for that. E90 looks solid, I become more worried with the more modules and potential electrical issues or malfunctions.

The e90 has some of the same issues as an e46 with respect to valve cover and other gaskets, different issues with respect to electric vs belt driven water pump, but in the end it is as you say a larger, heavier and more luxurious 3-series. I have never had an electric problem and it has never left me stranded. A great highway cruiser that can handle itself in the twisties. It's more refined instead of raw line a e46, but marks the first step away from the core message that BMW began with the 2002.

Anyway, from your name I'm guessing that we're both of Indian decent. Nice to see another Desi in the house!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Wisco; 07-17-2017 at 04:32 PM.
    "Scarlett" driven by Wisco (His)
    2005 BMW 330i Imola Red/Black Leather ZHP | 6MT
    MFactory 3.46 Helical LSD | Bilstein PSS | UUC Corsa TSE3

"The Girl with No Name" driven by Mrs. Wisco (Hers)
    2006 BMW 330Ci Imola Red/Sand Beige Leather ZHP | 6MT
    Box Stock

2007 e90 Black/Terra Leather SOLD
    2016 Honda Pilot (The family SUV)

Quote Originally Posted by Wisco View Post
    The e90 has some of the same issues as an e46 with respect to valve cover and other gaskets, different issues with respect to electric vs belt driven water pump, but in the end it is as you say a larger, heavier and more luxurious 3-series. A great highway cruiser that can handle itself in the twisties. It's more refined instead of raw line a e46, but marks the first step away from the core message that BMW began with the 2002.

Anyway, from your name I'm guessing that we're both of Indian decent. Nice to see another Desi in the house!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good comparison.

5 series is what I had originally thought I wanted, more luxurious and space.

After some time, the sportiness and fun factor is what I want with the smooth ride ultimately being the zhp's strong points.

Figured we have a mini van for the space

Did not think to find another Indian on a bmw forum, more or less living is Wisconsin! Small world, it is. Where about in India are you or your family from?

Shiv,

Welcome

Sent from my S8+
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Shiv,

Welcome

Sent from my S8+
    Thank you sir.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123