Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2003 Sedan ZHP

Womp Womp.. That fender bender would've had to be roughly $3-3750k to total it. His loss. Hope the next owner does the search. Do you pay for the yearly script for Carfax?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Nah, I have a friend with a dealership that ran it. My brother actually had some interest in the car.

What a dirtbag. Always gotta have the carfax!!
    2004 330i E46 with ZHP performance package and cold weather package

Well that is interesting.... that's my old car I wrecked in February. I rear ended a stupid hybrid camry on the way to work one morning(first accident at 34y/o) and now I'm sad all over again. I picked up a little 6-speed TSX for the time being and now it's time to get a proper car again so I decide to check with the mafia and see if anything is available. The airbags didn't deploy and honestly it was primarily front clip and hood but state farm considers anything totaled that reaches 75% of value. That carfax is a little weird though, when I bought it I was the third owner and frankly I would have bought it back but I don't have the time/space to deal with it. She was a beauty though and that intake and tires were like a month old of course.

Quote Originally Posted by DrRosenRosen View Post
    Well that is interesting.... that's my old car I wrecked in February. I rear ended a stupid hybrid camry on the way to work one morning(first accident at 34y/o) and now I'm sad all over again. I picked up a little 6-speed TSX for the time being and now it's time to get a proper car again so I decide to check with the mafia and see if anything is available. The airbags didn't deploy and honestly it was primarily front clip and hood but state farm considers anything totaled that reaches 75% of value. That carfax is a little weird though, when I bought it I was the third owner and frankly I would have bought it back but I don't have the time/space to deal with it. She was a beauty though and that intake and tires were like a month old of course.
    It's a small world.

Most States have the 75% threshold. If it was found to be non structural damage, it may have been a cosmetic total loss. Implying the cosmetics of the vehicle (paint, paint materials, cosmetic pieces) pushed the estimate over the vehicle's 75% threshold.

The hidden nature of the seller is what threw us off I believe. I communicated with him for a few days. No indication of damage to the vehicle other that the LT Qtr Extension, definitely no mention of accident history.

Thank you for dropping a line, good to have a back story.

Know in the future you have the right to retain your vehicle if it is deemed a total. More so if it is deemed a cosmetic total, no Salvage brandishing is required. You'll receive a payout minus a Salvage bid (the average price the insurance company would the sell the vehicle for at auction). Most shops, since you are going outside the claim, will fix what you want and what is pertinent.

-Shiv

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12