Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Leather refresh options?

The leather of my car is in good shape, but I've noticed in a few places the leather is becoming very dry/smooth (for lack of better description). The center arm rest has a tiny bit of leather cracking - likely due to my arm resting there a lot. Are there any options out there to help refresh/preserve leather? I'm a total novice when it comes to detailing.

Thanks

The leather on the arm rest can be replaced pretty cheap

Leather is like skin; it needs to stay hydrated to reduce the chances of cracking. If the leather is hard and dry, then it's probably too late to revive it.

There are numerous leather care products designed to keep the leather hydrated and conditioned. I'll let others chime in with their suggestions.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

I need to treat the leather in my car at some point. I'm planning to use Leatherique, but am always open to other products.

I was told that leatherique was great for the type of leather in older BMWs but not so much for ours... but everyone swears by it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

I tried a bottle of the "Leatherique" restoration liquid and didn't care for it very much. However, their leather cleaning solution is the best I've ever used. Their cleaning solution seems to open the pores of the leather which allows a conditioner to seep deeper into the hide. The Leatherique conditioning liquid is very greasy and doesn't smell that great. Their instructions tell you to rub it in with your hands, which I did, but after a while it started to burn my hands. I finally ended up using 100% neatsfoot oil I found at my local hardware store and followed it up with Griot's Garage 3 in 1 leather cleaner and conditioner. The Griot's stuff smells great and does a great job as well. Still, even after all my efforts, the front seats eventually became slick and hard after a few weeks, so I'm thinking of getting a heat gun to heat the leather before treating it next time.

I need to clean my leather badly. Can someone link me something to buy?

I don't have time to do the full leatherique coating, sit in the sun for a few days and then clean again. I'm more looking for something to wipe away dirt/debris, then condition I guess. The simpler route.

Suggestions?
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

Quote Originally Posted by Newjack View Post
    I need to clean my leather badly. Can someone link me something to buy?

I don't have time to do the full leatherique coating, sit in the sun for a few days and then clean again. I'm more looking for something to wipe away dirt/debris, then condition I guess. The simpler route.

Suggestions?
    Either sonax leather cleaner or Adams polishes. Leather cleaner and conditioner. Both are great and easy to use

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    Either sonax leather cleaner or Adams polishes. Leather cleaner and conditioner. Both are great and easy to use

I like sonax so I'll use them. Apply cleaner first then conditioner right?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

Quote Originally Posted by Newjack View Post
    I like sonax so I'll use them. Apply cleaner first then conditioner right?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    The one I liked and use was this one: https://www.autogeek.net/sonax-leather-foam.html

It is both a cleaner and conditioner. Spray it on, let it soak and meanwhile use a small interior brush to scrub and then wipe off.

I picked it up on Amazon

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast