Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Gheybe Guest
    Viral and I spoke on the phone. He told me they get it done in a day or 2 and send it back to you. I don't know what the wait time will be considering they are getting so many.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheybe View Post
    I don't know what the wait time will be considering they are getting so many.
    That will be the wildcard. On a regular basis, they turn those things around in about 48 hours. With so many orders, I imagine that time frame will be pushed out. Figure three-four days. Regardless, in the grand scheme of things that ain't all that bad.

I wonder if they'll flash in the latest software from BMW?

Secondly, I really don't understand how you can use a tune for a non ZHP cammed engine on one with cams?

Ian

This sound awesome

03 ImolaRot|6sp|Alcantara|Silver Cube|CW|Xenons

Coby Alcantara Knob|CF Diffuser|BMW Performance Kidneys|Umnitza Eyes|RCR|UUC TSE3|GruppeM CF-Kevlar Intake|BC Racing Coils|Spacers|BavSound Stg. 1

BMW/CCA/CT VALLEY

1979 911sc: The Perpetual Project

Quote Originally Posted by kaboom View Post
    I wonder if they'll flash in the latest software from BMW?

Secondly, I really don't understand how you can use a tune for a non ZHP cammed engine on one with cams?

Ian
    It's a custom tune, so they'll tune it for our cars with cams.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

I have the AA tune and it's specific to the engine and mods. All ZHPs have some level of cam beyond std 330. If you went further just tell them and they adjust. They also adjust for headers, exhaust, intake, pulleys, forced induction etc.... software rocks.

I would also imagine they will stagger the shipments so delivery time not impacted as much.
    Jon D -- 04 330cic Imola Red ZHP Vert -- Active Autowerke Exhaust, Software remap & Strut Bar, K&N filter, custom stereo[Alpine head unit (CDA105) w/Sirius Radio, Iphone integration & Alpine amp (PDX-5), Hertz speakers (165.3 F, 130.3R), JL Sub(CS110RG -W 1v2)], Color match grills, tint all around for when the tops up, custom painted 135s

Other Cars
    2014 Audi SQ5 2015 GMC Canyon All Terrain

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    It's a custom tune, so they'll tune it for our cars with cams.
    So...the Shark doesn't do this?

I would like to know more about the definition of "a custom tune"
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

It's a "moar" custom tune. They can adjust for the mods with some baseline, but best custom is obviuosly on a dyno live tune.

So...this. "They can adjust for the mods with some baseline"

That is to say...If I had a different intake...they could tune the engine to milk out what it could...for instance??
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    So...this. "They can adjust for the mods with some baseline"

That is to say...If I had a different intake...they could tune the engine to milk out what it could...for instance??
    Basically - when they did mine they tuned based on a K&N filter in stock airbox, and an AA exhaust no headers. So, if I had headers or when I add headers they can adjust the tune to account for the increased flow of exhaust gas and maximize performance adding more HP and torque.
    Jon D -- 04 330cic Imola Red ZHP Vert -- Active Autowerke Exhaust, Software remap & Strut Bar, K&N filter, custom stereo[Alpine head unit (CDA105) w/Sirius Radio, Iphone integration & Alpine amp (PDX-5), Hertz speakers (165.3 F, 130.3R), JL Sub(CS110RG -W 1v2)], Color match grills, tint all around for when the tops up, custom painted 135s

Other Cars
    2014 Audi SQ5 2015 GMC Canyon All Terrain

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast