Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Let me know what you guys think

So I'm still pretty new to e46s and have a great deal to learn. My first round of maintenance is taken care of and I wanted to work on my headlights.

I have xenon headlight and there are currently no angel eyes installed.

A couple of weeks ago I found myself driving at night in the rain on a fairly precarious road. To put it lightly, it was the least comfortable I've ever been behind the wheel of any car. I'm convinced I need to improve my lighting.

I am looking at the FXR projectors from umnitza. I've read good things about them on here and the shop that will install them had good things to say as well.

I'm also ordering gold Orion V2 angel eyes from them as well. I felt gold would go better with the oxford green paint of the car than a bright white or 6000k.

Would this look right? In my mind I feel it's going to look just like my e92 did when I picked it up from the dealer.

Is there anything else you guys would do differently or anything else you would pick up while you're at it?

Any advice is always appreciated!

Joe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FX-R's are a top notch choice. You won't be disappointed.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

I thought I had FX-R and was about to say they are great but i looked back and saw I dont have that brand :/

i actually have Morimoto EvoX-R from lightwerkz.net

i have only heard great things about FX-R so you shouldn't be disappointed at all
    2003 ZHP 332i | S54 6 speed
    2002 ZHP Touring | M54 6 Speed

Yeah I've heard really good things about them. I also hear that the FXRs require a bit of fabrication to get them to fit properly. I was actually advised on e46fanatics to also consider going with the ZKW clear lenses and osram CBI bulbs.

Am I right in assuming that the bulbs REPLACE the oem projectors? What is typically the better route to go down?

Quote Originally Posted by joeybananaz18 View Post
    Yeah I've heard really good things about them. I also hear that the FXRs require a bit of fabrication to get them to fit properly. I was actually advised on e46fanatics to also consider going with the ZKW clear lenses and osram CBI bulbs.

Am I right in assuming that the bulbs REPLACE the oem projectors? What is typically the better route to go down?
    You don't need a lens swap if you buy FXRs. The lenses on those produce a SUPER sharp cutoff, much sharper than the clear ZKW lense swap on an E46 projector.

CBI bulbs seem to be the go-to for a lot of people.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Let me know what you guys think

FYI there is a new set of Orion V2 AE's for sale on E46Fanatics for $100.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...6&share_type=t
    BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

time to bump this.

Last week snagged a set of gold V2s off of E46fanatics. got them for $100, which i think is a great price considering they go for over 200 new. only issue is that one or two of the clips are broken but I'm sure i can figure something out for that. they probably won't go in until after the holidays.

When they do, ill also be replacing the rubber gaskets around the housings because I've been getting a little condensation in each headlight.

But I still need to do something about my xenon output. Should I go with FXRs or CBIs and the lenses?

I noticed that when i had them pointing at my garage door are night, they didn't look perfectly even. Almost as if one was pointing slightly higher than the other. Would that have any impact on what i decide to do?

But I still need to do something about my xenon output. Should I go with FXRs or CBIs and the lenses?
    If your issue is with burnt bowls then new lenses and bulbs won't fix it. The fix would be to do the FXR retrofit or the Morimoto mini d2s 4.0. The d2s 4.0 compares really well with the FXR in terms of performance, and due to the size requires less fabrication/customization.

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/pr...kw-repair.html

I noticed that when i had them pointing at my garage door are night, they didn't look perfectly even. Almost as if one was pointing slightly higher than the other. Would that have any impact on what i decide to do?
    That's normal. The driver's side should be slightly lower to prevent blinding oncoming drivers.