Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Beisian Vs. DrVanos

Ive looked up a few different DIYs and reviews and I can't decide which route to take
    I dont believe my car has a rattle in the vanos but the anti rattle kit would be done for peace of mind if i sided with Beisian.

Can someone provide some insight?

This would be my last step on my short list of things to do, and then unfortunately as of recently I've had the weirdest urge to sell my car and acquire in LCI E90 335 msport... Im just horrified nothing will be as fulfilling to drive as my ZHP.

Its either spoil myself and go for a full repaint, or... sell and hate my self for ever? Lol tough choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a $$$ thing in my opinion. Beisan option is cheaper, but more DIY.

Sent from my S8+
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by ZHP_Brandon View Post

This would be my last step on my short list of things to do, and then unfortunately as of recently I've had the weirdest urge to sell my car and acquire in LCI E90 335 msport... Im just horrified nothing will be as fulfilling to drive as my ZHP.

Its either spoil myself and go for a full repaint, or... sell and hate my self for ever? Lol tough choice.

Can't say I blame you here, the E90 335i MSport is really beautiful. And the power, addicting.

2004 Titansilber Metallic BMW 330i ZHP

I was at the same crossroads. I have a leaking VCG and got talked into doing the Beisan Systems VANOS seals at the same time despite only having 56k miles on the clock (I still need to do this repair, parts arrived yesterday). I opted not to buy the anti-rattle kit because I don't even have a hint of rattle. I picked the Beisan Systems seals because it's far cheaper than the Dr. VANOS refurbished unit. If my car had a VANOS rattle, I would have gone for the Dr. VANOS rebuild because I don't want to have to deal with the extra work and extra tools that are needed to DIY it with the Beisan Systems anti-rattle kit.

Hope that helps.

I've done both: The Dr. Vanos on my car and the Besian on my wife's car (when she had an E46). I went with the Dr vanos on my car because I just wanted to be able to swap the unit out without the extra work. After doing the Besian kit, it really isn't that much more involved once you have the VANOS unit out but if you don't have good wrenching skills it can be a little intimidating. The directions that come with the Besian kit are very good though.. A quick search on YouTube turned up this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBJL9AkS6Qc
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

I'm planning to go with besian as well...

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Beisan imo. I found rebuilding it quite stress free and satisfying actually. Just make sure you're careful when pressing the new seals in.

Sent from my ONEPLUS 3 using Tapatalk

not a DIY guy so i have gone Dr Vanos on two ZHPs because both cars had bad rattling.
    --Wes--

04 330i ZHP Oxford Green/Natural Brown
    04 330Ci ZHP Silvergrey/Alcantara (RIP)

I went with Dr.Vanos in the past.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Beisian Vs. DrVanos

Autozone.com
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWM3186 View Post
    Beisan imo. I found rebuilding it quite stress free and satisfying actually. Just make sure you're careful when pressing the new seals in.

Sent from my ONEPLUS 3 using Tapatalk
    I agree. I've done both. Depends on your skill, desires, and checkbook.

Photos credit to Novaphotog

If you go Dr. V, be sure to lacquer the two whatchamajiggers (assist needed) as they will rust.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast