Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I put koni yellows on my ZHP, and at full soft the ride was similar to stock. Might have been even more compliant than the stock ride.

I put Bilstein HDs on my 335is, ride is considerably stiffer. But that is what I wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by bimmerscott View Post
    Thanks for the Koni Sport recommendation. The shop will also be replacing the LCA bushings, the oil pan gasket (leaking) and motor mounts (failing), but the steering and other bits down there check out good.
    are you confident that they're sure it's an oil pan gasket? because the OFHG leak does look a lot like an oil pan gasket.

as for shocks and struts... i'd go koni yellow or FSD. FSD is probably best - set and forget. plus, magical unicorn tears.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

I run Koni FSD shocks and stock ZHP springs. The ride is wonderful, and responsive when I want it to be. A fantastic "street" damper, in my personal opinion.

5/2003 Silbergrau Metallic ZHP
    - Sedan :: 6MT :: Style 68 -
    h&r | drvanos | koni | active autowerke | vibrant | akg | turner

I have koni yellows with Zhp springs on mine. Have had them for about 40k miles and no complaints so far. The adjustability of the yellows a nice to have feature but I haven't messed with it on the rear since the entire shock has to removed. The fronts I have played with a little but that's just out of curiosity than anything. I haven't driven a car with fsd's but I think you will be fine with either if you are looking for stock-ish ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Koni Yellow and H&R Sport springs here. No complaints.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    Koni Yellow and H&R Sport springs here. No complaints.
    +1 Very happy with the same set up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18x9 ET 42 Apex EC-7's / BC Racing BR Type Coilovers / GruppeM Intake
    ECS SS Brake Lines / Coby Wheel Wrap w/ Tri-Stitch / 35% Tint / BavSound Stage 1 / Stett Intake Boots / OE Euro Clears

So I ended up ordering the FSDs. Originally I was only looking for struts, and the FSDs are only sold as a complete set of struts and shocks. But based on the Tire Rack comparison and other comments here, FSDs are exactly what we want, so that's the way we'll go. Thanks for all the advice and comments!
    Scott in San Ramon CA

Quote Originally Posted by bimmerscott View Post
    So I ended up ordering the FSDs. Originally I was only looking for struts, and the FSDs are only sold as a complete set of struts and shocks. But based on the Tire Rack comparison and other comments here, FSDs are exactly what we want, so that's the way we'll go. Thanks for all the advice and comments!
    You won't be disappointed. MY ZHP with FSD's rides significantly smoother than my touring with OE non-sport suspension. Also smoother than my 2015 Mazda 6 with OE springs, FSD's, and cushy sidewalled tires. It's like they were made for the e46 specifically.

I went Koni yellow fwiw. Like em.

---
    "ZHP is a garbage option anyway- just some cosmetic upgrades with a different cam and diff to claw back some of the performance lost fitting those hideous and heavy wheels. Any 330 with a 3.46 diff will smoke a ZHP every time. The whole Mafia thing reeks of childish behavior." - anonymous E46 fanatic

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12