Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Basics

The Basics

Time to start what I think is essential for every zhp owner.

1. Tints
    2. Aux / Dice (Done)
    3. AE
    4. Alarm (I live next to Oakland )

Thinking of Limo back and 40% fronts, any one have any experience with the police and what they'll actually cite?

Depending on where you live I'd look at the tint law:

http://www.tintcenter.com/laws/

Personally. I'm a huge fan of an even look throughout the car. I had 35% on my E46 side and rear windows and 50% on the front windshield. I loved it.

As for AE's, have you decided which ones yet?

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

PC is in Oakland, CA. Any kind of aftermarket tint is illegal here. Doesn't stop us, of course, but we could be cited for it any time we're pulled over.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus-SanDiego View Post
    PC is in Oakland, CA. Any kind of aftermarket tint is illegal here. Doesn't stop us, of course, but we could be cited for it any time we're pulled over.
    Gotcha.

If you're going limo (5%), it seems like you're going to be asking for a ticket.

Do they usually pull you over for just tint violations, or do they just make up excuses to give you tint violations?

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

Yeah I know about the state tint laws, but of my knowledge isn't it just after market fronts, backs are ffa right? Do you have any tints and if so what % Marcus? Pictures do a thousand words Thanks m0nk3y.

I was thinking limo rear and back and maybe 40% all around the front but was wondering how the police would like it. My friend who has the same thing hasn't seen much trouble but on a black zhp, tints might seem a little darker than usual. Regardless I'm heading over to a shop tomorrow and seeing what looks good. Just thought I'd get some feedback since I don't want to rack up $22 tickets left and right.

Btw, missed you on my trip down to SD but when I'm back to school @ UCSD lets definitely get together and get some shots going. (pictures lol)

Here is a thread with pictures of my car. I have 15%.

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...0-ZHP-Coupe%29

35% all windows (except windshield of course). It's nice and dark when overcast or at night and lets in just enough light during the day that I don't get hassled by the police.

I have 15% all around, twas on the car when I bought it, and it's a little dark for my taste. I'd prefer 35% like mimalmo.

2016 BMW M340i

BMW CCA Member . Dinan Stage 1 Software . Dinan 3.5" Exhaust . Dinan CAI & Turbo Inlet . VSRF Charge Pipe . H&R Sport Springs . CF: Front Splitter, Rear Valance, Trunk Spoiler, Roof Spoiler, M3 Mirror Covers . BMW Performance pedals . Gloss black ///M kidneys . 12mm F / 15mm R BMS Spacers. NGK 94201 Plugs .

2013 BMW X5 M-Sport - Sold
    2009 550i M-Sport - Sold
    2006 650i Vert - Sold
    2004 330i ZHP - Dead
    2001 330i Sport - Sold
    2004 330i ZHP - Sold
    1999 E36 M3 - Sold

The 15% is tough to see through at night. I would have preferred a lighter tint.

35% all the way around. Looks great and haven't been stopped yet.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast