Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Basics

Quote Originally Posted by kayger12 View Post
    ............Looks great and haven't been stopped yet.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Hey-- sometimes I wear my ZHP Mafia beanie and look like a hoodlum.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

I have ~40% all around - because of my black interior, a little tint gots a long way. The view from outside:

But looking out, you almost can't tell there's anything there:

Already have my aux. And I need functioning headlights before I worry about angel eyes

Zebra Horse Power - PSA: The Hypermiling Thread
    Kevin Savino-Riker
    Cogito Automation, LLC.
    I'm new at BMWs.

Hmm, @ this point I think I'm leaning towards 55-40 fronts / windshield and limo rear / 5-20. I have nat tan interior so shouldn't be as bad as Kevin's if I settle on 40% fronts but something still tells me its not all the interior but the blk exterior that is making it look so dark.

@Kevin - whats wrong with your headlights o_o? something wrong with your projectors?

Just FYI...if you put 50% on your windshield, you will be reading about 38%

That is what my windshield read when we measured it. My windows that were tinted with 35% read 32%.

So if you want your windshield to "blend" with 50%...go with a lighter tint.

Also. I would ride with someone who has 50% tint on their front windshield at night and see how you like it. Some people hate it, others like it

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

Quote Originally Posted by pleasecorrupt View Post
    I have nat tan interior so shouldn't be as bad as Kevin's if I settle on 40% fronts but something still tells me its not all the interior but the blk exterior that is making it look so dark.
    That was also an overcast day when those shots were taken. In person, it isn't quite as limo-ish as it looks from the outside.
    Quote Originally Posted by pleasecorrupt View Post
    @Kevin - whats wrong with your headlights o_o? something wrong with your projectors?
    ZKW scorch. Need to get them replaced. Actually, that's probably the best time to pop in some angel eyes, considering that I'll be removing the housings anyway...

Zebra Horse Power - PSA: The Hypermiling Thread
    Kevin Savino-Riker
    Cogito Automation, LLC.
    I'm new at BMWs.

I settle for limo back and 53% fronts, will post pictures afterwards. On that note, anyone know where to get a cheap oem alarm kit. Found the DIY instructs and places to buy but all the places around me and the suggested places are selling for 300+ when it was just 2xx before. @_@

I still need tint...

Droid! Srs Legitness!
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    I still need tint...

Droid! Srs Legitness!
    Tint doesn't seem to make sense on a VERT to me. The whole idea is being open to the sun. Granted, it could pro-long the life of the interior, but still... John
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando

Tint doesn't seem to make sense on a VERT to me. The whole idea is being open to the sun. Granted, it could pro-long the life of the interior, but still... John
    Depends where you live! Down here is S. FL you want tint and a/c all summer. The top goes down in the evenings and during the winter. Also you need to have the top up and a/c on when making road trips for business.
    Jon D -- 04 330cic Imola Red ZHP Vert -- Active Autowerke Exhaust, Software remap & Strut Bar, K&N filter, custom stereo[Alpine head unit (CDA105) w/Sirius Radio, Iphone integration & Alpine amp (PDX-5), Hertz speakers (165.3 F, 130.3R), JL Sub(CS110RG -W 1v2)], Color match grills, tint all around for when the tops up, custom painted 135s

Other Cars
    2014 Audi SQ5 2015 GMC Canyon All Terrain

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast