Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

View Poll Results: Clutch Life: How Long Did Yours Last???

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Less than 50k. OMG!!!

0 0%
  • Less than 100k.

0 0%
  • 100-125k

0 0%
  • 120-150k

2 25.00%
  • 150+ Still going strong!!! Yee Ha!!!

6 75.00%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

How Long did your Clutch Last?

So, how long did your clutch last? Vote now!

For those with any particularly short or long clutch life, please post why/what conditions caused it. Drove in San Francisco or stop & go traffic. Nothing but highway cruising.

Also, how much did you spend?

I'm currently at 141k and still going strong. No hints of a slipping clutch yet. (Probably start later today wouldn't you know...). Mostly highway driving as my daily to/from work. Now, my commute is much less highway and short city stop n' go.
    Last edited by JohnnyGraphic; 03-31-2018 at 08:42 AM.
    2004 Imola Red over Black Leather. 6-MT, Navigation, Cold Weather Pkg (the wife loves them seat warmers!), 3.46 Diff, UUC Short-Shift Kit, Tranny Mounts, CDV Delete and iPod mount.

Mine's only at 60k but it's going strong. BP is on the original clutch I think and he's got well over 200k, as do other members.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Mine's only at 60k but it's going strong. BP is on the original clutch I think and he's got well over 200k, as do other members.
    200k!!! Might need to amend the poll!
    2004 Imola Red over Black Leather. 6-MT, Navigation, Cold Weather Pkg (the wife loves them seat warmers!), 3.46 Diff, UUC Short-Shift Kit, Tranny Mounts, CDV Delete and iPod mount.

Yea Im at 158K now and there is no record indicating the clutch was replaced. Launches perfectly tho.

I don't see a poll on my phone...

I'm at 295k right now on my original clutch. My dual mass flywheel is very worn; the car doesn't feel nice to drive anymore. The pedal is heavy and feels like it's binding now, so it's about time. The clutch, however, still isn't slipping and is drivable.

I'm replacing the clutch and flywheel at either 300k or when it starts slipping, whichever comes first. I'll probably cover the remaining 5k in about 1-2 months.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Sketchi just rolled over to 170k and is pending a clutch install.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    217k and going (#fingerscrossed)
    Wowzers!!! I'm assuming a lot of highway driving?

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    I don't see a poll on my phone...

I'm at 295k right now on my original clutch. My dual mass flywheel is very worn; the car doesn't feel nice to drive anymore. The pedal is heavy and feels like it's binding now, so it's about time. The clutch, however, still isn't slipping and is drivable.

I'm replacing the clutch and flywheel at either 300k or when it starts slipping, whichever comes first. I'll probably cover the remaining 5k in about 1-2 months.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    I have the same problem. Polls don't usually show up on my phone.

300k on the original? Zowie!

It's really dependent on who is driving it. My last ZHP had a new clutch at 75k because the original owner burnt it up. Compare that to my old 325 that I sold at 265k miles with a great clutch....

Autozone.com
    My clutch is still going strong at 147k even with the extra torque from the super charger. It feels like the flywheel may be going though.
    I don't think the OEM clutch has any issues with clamping force or longevity. It's the numb feel and the ever changing engagement point that no one likes.
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast