Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    Soo appropriate for throwback thursday

I just had the shifter mechanism rebuilt, so I'm not sure how that factors in, but shifting is somewhat notchier and fights me when cold now with MTL.

Resurrecting this thread from it's dormancy.......Is there a definitive way short of popping the drain plug to figure out exactly what fluid my manual transmission will take? I have not serviced my transmission before, my indie did it at 50Kmi and I am at 83K so I am guessing it's time to service the fluid.

-r

I don't know about that, but people tend to go for two Red Line products for their manual transmissions, either MTL or ATF. 30k miles on transmission fluid isn't that long, but it also is an inexpensive thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by oclvframe View Post
    Is there a definitive way short of popping the drain plug to figure out exactly what fluid my manual transmission will take?
    There could be a factory sticker on the bottom of the pan - there is on the automatic trannies. It could be covered in grime or removed by a previous owner. I used the Red Line D4 ATF in several manual BMW transmissions with no issues.
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

You can always just go to the dealership or an indy that has BMW fluid and have it changed. That's what I did last time I had it changed. A little expensive though...
    The BMW fluid only comes in a 5 gallon bucket. That's why no one DIY changes it with the BMW fluid
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Autozone.com
    I did the pentosin MTL 2 on the Daughters car and Redline MTL on the junkyard dog (aka Track Z)

no noticeable difference between the two
    Family that races together stays together
    2005 330Ci 6MT SGM (x2)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123