Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What sound deadening material have you used?

I'm not a huge audio guy but all I've heard for years is dynamat. The only other name I've heard in years past is fatmat. What have you guys used that works well? I might be doing my BSW stg1 before I move to D.C. and "might as well" throw sound deadening in while it's done. Not a insanely meticulous cover every square inch job but enough to make the door more solid.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

I've used RAAMat and the foam on several cars over the years. I do have it in my ZHP. Doors and under rear seat.

I've used Reckhorn and love it, but I think it's discontinued. I've heard good things about Noico and would use that if I ran out. Just don't waste money on the Dynamat name.

I used Noico when I did my sound deadening, specifically these two which was probably double what I needed for my coupe.

1. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    2. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

What sound deadening material have you used?

I always thought our ZHPs were pretty darn quiet. I can hold a conversation at normal volume on the freeway pretty easily.

That said, does putting this stuff just in our door cards and under the rear seat shelf really make a noticeable difference?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT. Built 11-19-04. Bought 4-2012.
    Stock: Nav, leather, PDC, Xenon
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

I didn't think it did a whole lot afterwards. When I installed my TSE3, the difference in volume between windows up and down is pretty distinct and I do chalk that up a bit to the added sound deadening.

Quote Originally Posted by BADCLOWN View Post
    I'm not a huge audio guy but all I've heard for years is dynamat. The only other name I've heard in years past is fatmat. What have you guys used that works well? I might be doing my BSW stg1 before I move to D.C. and "might as well" throw sound deadening in while it's done. Not a insanely meticulous cover every square inch job but enough to make the door more solid.
    Dynamat is not really a "sound deadener", it's a vibration and resonance damping type of material. If you want to deaden sounds like engine, exhaust, road noise, etc., the best solution is to combine a vibration damping material like Dynamat along with a 'decoupled' layer of MLV (mass loaded vinyl). The trick is to not attach the MLV material directly to the sheet metal of the car, but instead apply it to the vibration damping material. I have a convertible and noticed a lot of noise coming from the rear wheel arches, fuel pump and exhaust. It's a pain in the ass, but I recently installed some MLV along with CLD tiles (similar to dynamat) in my trunk and the results were pretty amazing. BMW also used CLD tiles in areas like the front doors and the spare tire area, but not really enough to make a big difference. Check out this site for more info:

https://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bludsport View Post
    Dynamat is not really a "sound deadener", it's a vibration and resonance damping type of material. If you want to deaden sounds like engine, exhaust, road noise, etc., the best solution is to combine a vibration damping material like Dynamat along with a 'decoupled' layer of MLV (mass loaded vinyl). The trick is to not attach the MLV material directly to the sheet metal of the car, but instead apply it to the vibration damping material. I have a convertible and noticed a lot of noise coming from the rear wheel arches, fuel pump and exhaust. It's a pain in the ass, but I recently installed some MLV along with CLD tiles (similar to dynamat) in my trunk and the results were pretty amazing. BMW also used CLD tiles in areas like the front doors and the spare tire area, but not really enough to make a big difference. Check out this site for more info:

https://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com
    Great info. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast