Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FCP Euro

Quote Originally Posted by bvmackin View Post
    I asked them very recently about price matching, and they said they've discontinued matching in lieu of the lifetime warranty policy which they feel brings value to their customers (and I agree). At any rate, I've found their prices to be quite competitive.
    Ok that's understandable and I agree, it definitely adds value (as does their customer service and quality packaging)...I do feel their prices have increased a bit as of late. Specifically I was checking on a Cold climate dipstick guide (I plan on doing the GAS CCV), and it was $20 more expensive at FCP vs. ECS ($97 vs $78).
    RD Sport Tornado Aero Kit|RD Sport Sway Bars|Bilstein PSS9|OE M3 Strut Bar|Bimmerbrakes Gen3 Headers (Swain Sprayed)|Supersprint x-pipe, section 2 resonator & muffler|Dinan Stage II Tune|Dinan LT Intake|Dinan TB|UUC UD Pulleys|E60 SSK

I asked them very recently about price matching, and they said they've discontinued matching in lieu of the lifetime warranty policy which they feel brings value to their customers (and I agree). At any rate, I've found their prices to be quite competitive.

Interesting. Well, that's a tradeoff that's worth having, IMO.
    Thanks for the info.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

FCP Euro definitely discontinued their price match policy. I called earlier in the month to have them price mach an OEM driveshaft CV joint to ECS and discovered this. I was a little pissed off because ECS has the exact same part for $30 less. I ended up getting it from FCP anyway because I needed it as soon as possible and I can get anything from them in two days. In my opinion, on this particular part the the lifetime guarantee isn't much of a value, my original one lasted over 100,000 miles.
    Steve,
    2004 330i zhp
    2009 X3
    2013 X1 35i M-Sport

Quote Originally Posted by daytona90t View Post
    I ended up getting it from FCP anyway because I needed it as soon as possible and I can get anything from them in two days. In my opinion, on this particular part the the lifetime guarantee isn't much of a value, my original one lasted over 100,000 miles.
    You're assuming the replacement will last as long as the original part!
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

I ordered the wrong fog light (clear vs. fluted lens) and consequently re-ordered the correct foglight from FCP Euro. Once again, shipping emanated from SoCal, and arrived in NorCal in two days (this time via Fedex)....

Ordered a windshield cowl from FCP...shipped from Illinois and arrived in CA in four business days, free shipping. So perhaps FCP is developing a network of distribution points/warehouses to minimize shipping times and costs.

...shipped from Illinois and arrived in CA in four business days, free shipping. So perhaps FCP is developing a network of distribution points/warehouses to minimize shipping times and costs.
    Drop-shipping from local suppliers/warehouses is a common practice.
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

Hey guys, I'm a VIP member and just realized, today when I made an order, that the VIP benefits changed significantly too. Now requires $149 order to get 5% off and they got rid of the free ground shipping. The pricematch going away is a huge blow to me, because I loved being able to leverage the above discounts, along with price matching.

Needless to say, FCP still provides a good warranty. But, I have never been impressed with their lack of velocity to ship my orders. I'll submit an order (like last night) and it won't go out for almost two full days (tomorrow afternoon). That's pretty disappointing. :-\

I'll be having to spread my orders out to multiple places again to ensure I get the best value for my dollars, unfortunately. Because, in some cases, getting a lifetime warranty isn't as critical to me.

I still recommend them, though!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123