Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FCP Euro

Just ordered filters and wiper blades for the X6M from them today - will see if I'm brave enough to take them up on their lifetime replacements. They were actually cheaper, so I would feel bad expecting to get replacements for these items...
    2006 330Cic | Monaco Blue on Natural Brown | 6MT ZHP ZPP ZCP NAVI

Quote Originally Posted by bandwagn View Post
    Just ordered filters and wiper blades for the X6M from them today - will see if I'm brave enough to take them up on their lifetime replacements. They were actually cheaper, so I would feel bad expecting to get replacements for these items...
    Some things aren't worth the shipping cost, like stupid little clips that break, for example.

I'm very thankful that I live 15 minutes from them, because this way I can replace anything without worrying about shipping.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

I still think that policy doesn't make sense. Their expectation must be that the cars won't be owned for too long and most people won't use it.

Quote Originally Posted by holyc0w View Post
    I still think that policy doesn't make sense. Their expectation must be that the cars won't be owned for too long and most people won't use it.
    I think that's exactly correct. They are taking a calculated risk that the margins from incremental sales generated by the "lifetime warranty" policy will outweigh the cost of warrantying those parts. I'm sure those calculations take into account how long people actually own cars, and how many times they need to replace parts twice during that span of ownership (oil changes, wiper blades and other consumables aside).

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Some things aren't worth the shipping cost, like stupid little clips that break, for example.

I'm very thankful that I live 15 minutes from them, because this way I can replace anything without worrying about shipping.
    I'm very greatful that Botond lives only 15 minutes away from them too!

I've found it hard not to buy from them now with their lifetime guarantee and customer service...even if their price is higher than say ECS Tuning....hmmm do they price match??. I also feel like they are more of a mom and pop if you will...who race and are enthusiasts themselves. On top of the excellent customer service and quick shipping, the package their parts very well. So keeps me coming back. Certain things will last quite some time and many enthusiasts will turn cars every few years so the return rate has to be relatively low. Its marketing for them to get guys with nice cars who do their work (like on this forum) to use and talk about them and if they lose a little $$ on a few of these guys...they'll make it up on those that hear about them but won't take the time to return or forget or sell their car. As mentioned earlier, to me it's not worth the trouble and $$ of properly packaging and shipping things like Oil and oil filters...I'll buy Mobile 1 from Walmart and buy oil filters 10 at a time...Per oil change I'd save like $15 - $20 after shipping back, but I don't want to take the time or go through the trouble. I'll certainly utilize the guarantee with things like brake pads, wiper blades, trim pieces, shift knob, belts, tensioners, & pulleys though. On top of all that, they are getting quite a bit of attention with this policy!
    RD Sport Tornado Aero Kit|RD Sport Sway Bars|Bilstein PSS9|OE M3 Strut Bar|Bimmerbrakes Gen3 Headers (Swain Sprayed)|Supersprint x-pipe, section 2 resonator & muffler|Dinan Stage II Tune|Dinan LT Intake|Dinan TB|UUC UD Pulleys|E60 SSK

Quote Originally Posted by ///Mvious View Post
    hmmm do they price match??.
    Yes they do. Call or email them and they'll help you out.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Yes they do. Call or email them and they'll help you out.
    I heard they stopped price matching from July 2017 onwards. I did not hear that from them personally but was told by someone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    I heard they stopped price matching from July 2017 onwards. I did not hear that from them personally but was told by someone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    News to me...
    Worth asking them.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

News to me...
    Worth asking them.
    I asked them very recently about price matching, and they said they've discontinued matching in lieu of the lifetime warranty policy which they feel brings value to their customers (and I agree). At any rate, I've found their prices to be quite competitive.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast