Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool Hello from Central Cali

Hi ladies and gents.
    Last Monday there was a solar eclipse and I also bought my first BMW! It's a 2003 330i ZHP 6 MT with only 60,400 miles! It is Silver Gray with black leather seats and the alcantara wheel. I bought her here locally (Arroyo Grande, CA) from an older gentleman (original owner) that had kept all the service records and even a journal with every gas fill/ price/ millage (crazy but nice).
    She's in really good shape except for some issues with the front bumper. He said he hit a high curb and had to get the bumper repainted and the repaint wasn't so great because every little stone chip shows like a cluster of stars. There is also a decent sized scratch on the right fender up by the light that he said was caused by debris on the freeway that he couldn't avoid. The only other thing wrong is that the stereo can't be turned off, so you just turn it all the way down for silence.
    The drive-train is all original and he's had all the recalls done, i.e. (tail lights, injectors, air bags)
    So when I found this car, I had no idea what it was other than just a 3 Series BMW in real good shape. I did my research and found this site and learned a bunch in a short enough time to know I had to make this car mine. The old gent knew she was (special) a fantastic car, but he gave me a good deal.
    Anyway, I'm glad to be here and hope to learn all I can, maybe meet others nearby, and get tips on what I should do to fix my little issues, and keep this (not) special girl in top shape for another 14 years to come and beyond.

Last edited by Not_Special; 08-29-2017 at 11:18 AM.
    ~ Paul (Not_Special)
    2003 BMW 330i ZHP, 6mt, Silver Gray/ Black leather.

Welcome, Paul ! You will love this forum. TX here, but there are some members in CA.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Welcome! Sounds like you found a great car.

Welcome

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Welcome. Had the same issue with the power knob on my radio.
    Take radio out and open the top of it.
    The board that the knob pushes on can be pushed back and secured with a strategically positioned piece of wood.
    7 years later and I'm still good.
    Pics of car?
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Oli77 View Post
    Welcome. Had the same issue with the power knob on my radio.
    Take radio out and open the top of it.
    The board that the knob pushes on can be pushed back and secured with a strategically positioned piece of wood.
    7 years later and I'm still good.
    Pics of car?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    Welcome

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Welcome! Sounds like you found a great car.
    Quote Originally Posted by fredo View Post
    Welcome, Paul ! You will love this forum. TX here, but there are some members in CA.
    Thanks guys for the welcome!
    And thanks Oli77 for the radio tip!
    ~ Paul (Not_Special)

Welcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Last edited by Not_Special; 08-29-2017 at 11:19 AM.
    ~ Paul (Not_Special)

Welcome!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast