Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Spare tire?

Spare tire?

Tried searching as I thought there was a thread on this, but didnt find anything

I really hate the space-saver spare tire the ZHPs have. I threw mine on the other day to bring my rim to get repaired. Drove a distance of maybe 5 miles with it on. It sucks.

Somewhere I had heard that a Style 135 wheel wont fit in the spare tire well? I would try it if I had my car, but it is at the indy. I want to buy an extra 135 to have as a spare and get rid of the donut

So does it fit anyone know?? And if so should I just get a front to be safe??

I know Dane fit his 18" Enkei rim with no issues. I don't see why a 135 wouldn't fit. I could let you know on Saturday if you'd like, when my wheel will be off anyway. I'll put it in and see if it fits.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Yeah I know, it should no problem...or I could just pick up a different BMW wheel. I know the rim shop I go to has Style 44s, I could just get one, a 17" would fit anyway

Thoughts?

Yup....my full size fit perfectly....

Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

That's good to know. I'd like to get a 5th 135M wheel for the trunk.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by gr330zhp View Post
    Yeah I know, it should no problem...or I could just pick up a different BMW wheel. I know the rim shop I go to has Style 44s, I could just get one, a 17" would fit anyway

Thoughts?
    Yes, a 17" with 225s; will fit all corners. I found a Stlye 74 Motorsports wheel on Ebay, bought a cheapie 225, and out went the donunt. It fits the spare-tire recess but, due to the slightly section width increase, the trunk carpet-mat just misses seating flushly. The only thing I had to do was slightly re-locate the back mounted wheel weights to clear the front brake calipers. Other than that, go to go.

All recognize mine is an 8" rim...where 135's will be 8.5" or 9.5" correct? What size would you get?
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I thought the ZHP had 8" front and 8.5" rear

So I was thinking a front wheel, with tire in my wheel well, so it would fit there and also go on the rear??

I fit a rear in mine with no problem, other than the little black piece to support the trunk liner won't fit. Should be fine with a front.

My Project Thread
    Register Your ZHP | CoolantSnitch

2005 ZHP 6MT Mods: AFE Intake, Carbon Fiber Hood w/ M3 Bulge, Meyle HD FCAB's, Zionsville T-Stat @ 88°C, Stewart WP, BMW Perf. Rotors F+R, Oil Temp & Press. Gauges, Alcantara Wheel w/ CF Trim, Alum. Pedals + E-Brake, Black Kidney's, Aux Input, Beltronics RX-75 Pro Radar Detector, Beisan Seals + Rattle Kit, Armrest Delete, Schroth Harness, StopTech Pads, SSR Comp-H's

The 135M is 8" in the front. It's 8.5" in the rear.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast