Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Spare tire?

I also need a full spare. Maybe we look for sets in groups of four and split the costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnmadd View Post
    I also need a full spare. Maybe we look for sets in groups of four and split the costs.
    Curious why you feel you need a full spare vs. the donut? Also, I like that idea if they are cheaper buying 4. Are you saying buy the 4 tires as a set, or the wheels, or both? It seems that bavauto sells the wheels individually. John
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

John, I prefer full size so that I don't have to ride around on a donut until a replacement tire comes in. Handling would be terrible and you are limited to a low speed with the donut.

Also, it would really suck to get stuck riding on a donut if you get a flat while on a road trip. Being limited to 60 mph (top speed is supposed to be 50) on the interstate wouldn't be fun at all.

Ridin on a donut is definitely NOT winning.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMaico View Post

I just checked 3 different dealer part look-up sites and all 3 show "No Parts Found" for the front 135!! The rears show as still available. I'm hoping that is just a glitch or something.....I have thought about buying a new set someday. Mine are actually not too bad and it's just 2 of them with some rash but I may have to settle for refurbishing rather than new. Either Bav-auto had some on hand or it was just a glitch. Too bad they want about $200 more than Lincoln BMW for a set of 4.

I guess I could always just go with a square set of rears all the way around.

Barry
    I talked to a parts guy at Husker BMW today and asked him about the 135M front wheels showing as unavailable on their website and he said they are still showing "a bunch" in the system. He didn't know why they don't show up.

I have a full size 18" BBS CH with 235/40/18 rubber on, in my spare well. It does bulge just a hair but you would never be able to tell from opening and looking in my trunk.

I would think a 135 would fit fine in there as well. Anything in an 18 (minus a 255 tire) should fit fine.

I really have no idea what I am doing

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456