Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello

Hello

Hi all,

Wanted to take a moment to say hello and introduce myself. Last week I purchased a 2004 mystic blue over black leather 6mt ZHP sedan to replace my E82 128i that got totaled at the end of July/early August. The 1er was my first BMW, and over the past two years I turned it into what I think was a really great daily driver that could be brought to the track and for a day and hold its own. It was also a fantastic companion on my cross country drive from Boston to Oakland in mid June when I somewhat randomly decided to move, although the 14 gal fuel tank seemed to need constant filling. Also, I may or may not be able to tell you how fast you'll be going at the top of 5th gear somewhere in South Dakota on I80 West... I had thought about getting another 128i, but I've always had a soft spot for the ZHP sedans, so I decided to change things up.

I found the ZHP listed in the BMWCCA classified section and got in touch with the seller. The purchase took a little while as there was a week long delay with my insurance company sending me some forms to sign for totaling the 1er, and then the seller was on vacation, but last Sunday I hopped on a bus down to LA to close the deal. I then drove down to Escondido to spend the night at my sister's place, and then set off the next morning for Marin County some 480 miles away. The ride back was uneventful. The car ran strong and the AC worked fantastic in the 100+ degree heat.

As she sits, there's 124,XXX miles on the clock and she could use a little work. Right off the bat the FCABs are due to be replaced, the rear differential bushing is developing a crack, the ZKW bowls are burnt toast, the front brake pads are thin but the light isn't on and all of the rotors have a decent lip, and I'm not sure how old the cooling system is. Of course there are little things to be addressed such as the A and C pillars, a probably never cleaned Alcantara steering wheel, worn shift boot and knob, etc., but overall I'm very satisfied with the vehicle.

Let's see if the pictures work.

Ian
    Attached Images Attached Images          

Welcome Ian. We are glad to have you here. The pics of your accident look scary - what went wrong there?
    anandoc

2004 330i auto | ZPP, ZCW | Schwarz 2 (668) | schwarz (N6SW)

aFe Stage-1 Pro DRY S intake | Morimoto FX-R 3.0 retrofit | ///M3 Seats (power, heat, bolster adj.) | ///M3 Strut Brace | ///M3 SMG Steering Wheel retrofit | OEM Alarm retrofit | GROM USB | Khoalty angel eyes

Welcome Ian. Glad you made it out ok, based on the pics it seems like the accident was quite bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Great both looking cars.....really sorry to hear about the 128 but def the positive is you are in a zhp now

Welcome to the forum. I'm new too and also here in CA.
    ~ Paul (Not_Special)
    2003 BMW 330i ZHP, 6mt, Silver Gray/ Black leather.

Welcome.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Wow. And welcome.

---
    "ZHP is a garbage option anyway- just some cosmetic upgrades with a different cam and diff to claw back some of the performance lost fitting those hideous and heavy wheels. Any 330 with a 3.46 diff will smoke a ZHP every time. The whole Mafia thing reeks of childish behavior." - anonymous E46 fanatic

welcome to the Mafia.
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

1. Welcome!
    2. Congrats on the new (to you) ZHP!
    3. Overcooked that turn a bit? Glad to see you're okay!

Thanks for the welcome.

Something like that BMWCurves. I got distracted and lost focus for a second and the next thing I knew there wasn't any road left, just a 10 to 12 ft drop to a dry creek bed. Modern crash safety and rollover protection is pretty incredible as I only walked away with a bruised ego.

Not_Special What part of CA are you in?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast