Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Suspension/drivetrain noise help

Car: 110k mile car which just had new shocks/struts/mounts/FCAs/FCABs put on.

When I tap the brakes somewhat aggressively a low speeds for a very brief moment (i.e. less than a tenth of a second) I can hear a subtle knock/thud (can't tell where it's coming from), feel the wheel move/kick slightly, and notice the shifter move a bit as well. I'm guessing the same thing happens when I just apply the brakes and stay on them as the car slows, but much harder to identify the above when there is actual braking and prolonged weight transfer as that masks everything.

If I do this while turning lightly one way or the other the same thing happens.

Thoughts?

Assuming all that new stuff is on and working properly, it could be the sway bar end links. That wouldn't explain the shifter movement though. Could also be engine/tranny mounts.

Yeah probably have those mounts checked. Also have your mechanic check the front Subframe bolts.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT. Built 11-19-04. Bought 4-2012.
    Stock: Nav, leather, PDC, Xenon
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

What's typical useful life of rear subframe, differential, and transmission/engine bushings?

Quote Originally Posted by nsk040 View Post
    What's typical useful life of rear subframe, differential, and transmission/engine bushings?
    Just replaced my diff bushing at about 80k. It was cracked but wasn't creating any problems. All those other bushings are factory on my car and in great shape.
    04 TiAg Sedan 6MT
    Bilstein B16 Ride Control
    3.46 Diff
    K&N CAI
    Shark Injector

Quote Originally Posted by nsk040 View Post
    Differential bushings- replaced at 96k, were gone
    Tranny bushings- replaced at 120ish, looked good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |