Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Wellllllll, it seemed like it took forever but I finally wrapped up a couple of projects that I’ve been putting off over the winter.
    1. Steering wheel
    I had gotten this wheel done right after my wife and I came back from cape cod. I noticed the humidity and salty air started to affect the alcantara. While we were closer to the ocean, I noticed the wheel got sticker and flakes of the worn alcantara started to come off in my hand.

It was redone by Alex who runs drozdupholstery.com. I found alex on bimmerforums and does incredible work. It was finished with green stitching and 1/8 inch of padding underneath, so it’s incredibly comfortable to hold while driving.

2. I also had my wheels powdercoated locally. The color is Platinum Gold by prismatic powders. I originally was going to use Montana gold but this has a bit more flake in it.

The wheels are 18 x 8.5 all around. Tires are PSS 235/40/18. I mentioned in an earlier post that I had picked up 5 wheels. There was a good reason I did that.....

I now run a full size spare in the trunk. Whee and tire fits perfect. Any wider of a wheel will cause the trunk floor to pop up.

Next on my list is going to be new dampers maybe all around, but definitely up front. I also want to source some new lights because my gold angels are waiting to be installed but I don’t want to put them on my zkws because I plan to replace with ALs. Finally, I have a new driver side front fender that has to replace the damaged one that bonked on thanksgiving. Will probably do everything together since the drivers side front would be practically disassembled when it’s gotta get done.

Stay tuned!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by joeybananaz18 View Post
    Wellllllll, it seemed like it took forever but I finally wrapped up a couple of projects that I’ve been putting off over the winter.
    1. Steering wheel
    I had gotten this wheel done right after my wife and I came back from cape cod. I noticed the humidity and salty air started to affect the alcantara. While we were closer to the ocean, I noticed the wheel got sticker and flakes of the worn alcantara started to come off in my hand.

It was redone by Alex who runs drozdupholstery.com. I found alex on bimmerforums and does incredible work. It was finished with green stitching and 1/8 inch of padding underneath, so it’s incredibly comfortable to hold while driving.

2. I also had my wheels powdercoated locally. The color is Platinum Gold by prismatic powders. I originally was going to use Montana gold but this has a bit more flake in it.

The wheels are 18 x 8.5 all around. Tires are PSS 235/40/18. I mentioned in an earlier post that I had picked up 5 wheels. There was a good reason I did that.....

I now run a full size spare in the trunk. Whee and tire fits perfect. Any wider of a wheel will cause the trunk floor to pop up.

Next on my list is going to be new dampers maybe all around, but definitely up front. I also want to source some new lights because my gold angels are waiting to be installed but I don’t want to put them on my zkws because I plan to replace with ALs. Finally, I have a new driver side front fender that has to replace the damaged one that bonked on thanksgiving. Will probably do everything together since the drivers side front would be practically disassembled when it’s gotta get done.

Stay tuned!

What wheel , spec n tire size is in ur spare . I need to get a full size too .I hate the donut

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Wait is it the same size u just said ^^

Quote Originally Posted by rguti153 View Post
    What wheel , spec n tire size is in ur spare . I need to get a full size too .I hate the donut

Wait is it the same size u just said ^^
    Exactly the same as the others. 18 x 8.5 and 235/40/18. I tested my front 135 just prior to selling them. They just fit. Any bigger and any direction wouldn’t.

Quote Originally Posted by joeybananaz18 View Post
    Exactly the same as the others. 18 x 8.5 and 235/40/18. I tested my front 135 just prior to selling them. They just fit. Any bigger and any direction wouldn’t.

K thanks!!!

Looks great!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Good color choice for the wheels. Love that combo!

Quote Originally Posted by Sreten View Post
    Good color choice for the wheels. Love that combo!
    This.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Finally got to spend a little bit of time cleaning Olive. Since my last post I had koni FSDs installed and while I was at it, I did the front strut reinforcement. After a quick drive around the neighborhood, I can definitely tell there’s a bi difference with these. The car is so much smoother. I didn’t have time to log any highway miles with it. Looking forward to that.
    The nice weather we had today in NY was much needed. I took some time to give her a good scrubbing. I used griots garage car wash and griots new best of show detailer.

This was also the first time I was able to snap some fairly decent pics of the wheels in direct light. I think they came out a deeper gold then originally intended, but I still love them against the OG.
    The metallic flake is unreal.

Next on my to do list:
    -Gloss black kidneys are waiting to be put in
    -AL headlights and Gold Umnitza V2s are also waiting, but first I need to source some new headlight lenses. Will probably order this week.

Such a cool ZHP. I am really liking your tasteful mods (I hate the phrase, but it actually works here)

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Such a cool ZHP. I am really liking your tasteful mods (I hate the phrase, but it actually works here)
    I'm everyone's tasteful mod. Not just his.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast