Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Good stuff.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Thanks for the compliments guys. Got a couple of goodies coming in. Here are a couple of teaser pics. More info to follow...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here are some better pics of the wheel. It looks awesome. I didn't want to go with the tri-color M stitching and really wanted to feed into the green theme a bit more. Its wrapped in perforated leather at the 3 and 9:00 positions and solid smooth leather at 12 and 6:00. Best of all is that it's been given and extra 1/8 inch in padding, so it's feels pretty chunky.cant wait to get this installed, probably in about 2 weeks.

Very cool

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Steering wheel looks so good. Can't wait to see installed, especially with green stiching

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

love the perf and the green stitching! is this from coby?

i'm going to send a wheel into him for full perf treatment... i am liking the green stitching (just something different), i might do something similar that compliments the red exterior of the Touring.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Olive's maintenance thread

Thanks for the compliments guys. Hopefully I'll be putting the wheel on in the next couple of weeks if I can get over my irrational feet of airbags lol

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    love the perf and the green stitching! is this from coby?

i'm going to send a wheel into him for full perf treatment... i am liking the green stitching (just something different), i might do something similar that compliments the red exterior of the Touring.
    I originally wanted to go through coby but at the time he was only working with alcantara and didn't have any leather options.

Then I came across Alexander on BF. Here's the original thread that caught my eye....

Alcantara and Leather Custom Steering Wheels

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...4&share_type=t

He's been great to deal with and does super fast work. I only placed my order with him the week before last.

Olive's maintenance thread

Looking to get some feedback for my next interior mod.
    Currently I have silver cube interior trim. It looks great but I think I want to change it up to something a bit glossy.

At the same time I'd love to play off of the theme that the BMW z8 did, which was incorporate the exterior color of the car in the dash trim.

What I like about many of the examples of z8s that were built was that they had a very simple color scheme: the exterior color was on the dash trim and the seating surfaces matched the carpets. It's truly "less is more" at work.

With that said I'm thinking of switching out my trim for either gloss black or getting it custom painted in oxford green. I would also do the steering wheel trim, and maybe even the airbag cover.

Would love to know the familgia's thoughts, and to see what others have done.

Inspiration:

Damn has it really been over a month since I posted here? The Mrs and I have been house hunting so I really haven't had a chance to spend with olive. I finally escaped from the city and go to visit her.
    That new wheel has not gotten put on yet. However today I was able to take apart the trim of the wheel and dropped off the upper and lower parts at a shop to have painted a gloss black. I'm also going to be on the look out for a gloss black trim set and will probably be selling my silver cube set
    I also spent some time today with my Dr Colorchip road rash kit. The back story is that the PO supplied me with a vile of OG Dr Colorchip.

As you can tell by that picture above Olive suffered from pretty bad road rash. I watched a bunch of DrColorchip instructional videos on YouTube and was confident in the giving it a try.
    Firstly, DrC is a great product. Let me just say it's super easy to use and there is no reason anyone should be worried about putting it on their car.
    After smearing it into a chip, you use a second vile of their seal-act solution to buff out the globs that are left behind. The problem was that the vile the PO supplied me with was a bit old and it becomes much harder to work with. DrC confirmed that each vile really only has a 1-year shelf life. I decided to order a new kit and gave it another try.

It is no where near what a respray would look like. I get that. But for 60 bucks, it really makes a world of difference and I would recommend it to anyone. It's not perfect, but look as much from 10 feet away. Not bad for an almost 14 year old car.
    I going to put some more on again the next time I'm over there. I believe that because it hardens over time, a second layer may actually fill in the chips a little more.
    I'm more than happy to answer any other questions about it.
    After the wheel gets fitted, and I work with the DrC a little more, next thing to tackle is going to be applying the leatherique that came in the mail a couple of weeks to the front seats and start investigating lighting options.

I also thought this would be a good time to go into detail with some of my thoughts on Dr Colorchip.
    1. I have read in other forums that it tends to be more effective on darker colors than lighter ones. So in terms of the zhp, OG, BSM, JB, and MB would work as better bases than say AW or TiAg.
    2. It's best to think of DrC as a sort of erasable pen. If you write with one and make a mistake you just correct it, but if you're happy with it, just leave it alone.
    3. The seal-act solution that comes with the kits works to soften the paint. So, after you've applied it and let it dry (should take no longer than 10 minutes indoors), put some seal-act on a MF towel and rub it in.
    4. When running in the seal-act, you'll be able to hear the MF towel going over the applied paint. Keep at it as if you were claying. Over time it'll smoothen out and become quieter.
    5. As the seal-act comes off, you'll see it flaking off (I used that erasable pen analogy because it literally looks like rubber from an eraser, or tire "clag" if you're an F1 fan).
    6. Because it was really worried about making sure the paint would come off, I was very liberal with how much seal-act I used. Needless to say, I picked up an extra bottle.
    7. When I was done with an area, I would wash and dry the hood completely to make sure I got off all of those flaked bits and to have a better idea of what still had to be done.
    8. I think when I know I've gone over the whole hood and filled in all the spots, I'm going to do it all over again. I feel like for some spots I may have rubbed the seal-act in a bit to hard and took out some of what I applied. I feel like if you apply it in multiple coats, you can fill in chips better and get a more perfect finish.
    9. DrC has said in instruction videos that it should be the last step of the detailing process. I almost feel that after applying it, applying sea-act, rubbing it in and then washing the hood multiple times, I'm probably better continuing to work on correcting my paint with a number of polishes and sealants.

If anyone has any questions about DrC, I'd be more than happy to answer then to the best of my ability.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast