Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks for the info! It looks really good for what it is. I have some rock chips I plan to fill in with BMW's version of Dr. Colorchip soon. I bought one of those tiny droppers like here (jump to 4:08):

I've seen that video before. I think I'm going to order one of those pens. It must be an older video because the one he used isn't just 10 bucks, it's 45 on amazon.
    I'm ire it'll work great but for road rash, DrC offers a beveled squeegee to spread it into a lot of chips in one motion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by joeybananaz18 View Post
    I've seen that video before. I think I'm going to order one of those pens. It must be an older video because the one he used isn't just 10 bucks, it's 45 on amazon.
    I'm ire it'll work great but for road rash, DrC offers a beveled squeegee to spread it into a lot of chips in one motion.

It's not old, posted late July this year. Like you, I struggled to find this "brush" for cheap. Went to Blick art supply and had to have them order it in (didn't stock in store. $12.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    It's not old, posted late July this year. Like you, I struggled to find this "brush" for cheap. Went to Blick art supply and had to have them order it in (didn't stock in store. $12.
    Just ordered it. That's awesome. It's on backorder now but should help me with some of the larger spots on the A column and when I take the bumper off. Thanks for the tip!

Nice! Good luck. I'll probably be hitting you up for some application advice in the future.

ill keep adding to that little summary of tips. it'll be my pleasure to share with the mafia.

Good info. I recall Dane saying that a paint guy told him that it makes it tougher to paint over?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Good info. I recall Dane saying that a paint guy told him that it makes it tougher to paint over?

What does?

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post

The DrColorchip? Its possible since (from what I can gather) it isn't the same formula as regular paint. But I would think if you're getting a panel painted, like a hood, you'd end up having the paint sanded off so you'd wouldn't be paining over it.

Sidenote: I actually wanted to give DrC an honest chance before getting the hood repainted so that I could say the paint is all original in the event I decide to sell it down the road lol

I never had the patience to do all the chips on my hood with DrColorchip but I have used the product pretty successfully on 2 separate occasions by focusing on the main big ones that are down to the base paint, or worse, the metal. The paint match is top notch and it really fills the hole. It takes enormous patience to let the paint dry and then "shave" the excess of paint off the edge of the hole. After several (in some cases it was over 5 applications per chip) applications, the results are phenomenal. Almost as good as new.

As long as you don't have metal paint (metal flakes in your paint) then I think the video above with the really cool paint applicator would work. On metal flake paint, this does not work as you are constantly forced to shake the paint before re-dipping the brush into the paint vial.

Good luck guys. And Joe, you named your car by my name although on the forum people call me Olie. I am really Olivier and my wife call me Olive. Each time your thread pops up, I do a double take.
    Last edited by Oli77; 11-06-2017 at 06:49 PM. Reason: typographical mistakes happen!
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast