Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Olive's maintenance thread

Well this looks like my last update for 2018. Ok where did I leave off?

Well, let’s start off with the biggest mod yet- heated seat retrofit. Got it done this past week. I had sourced the seats locally and picked up switch panel on eBay. The heated seat harnesses came from the shops parts car. It was a very warm welcome to the car- pun definitely intended.

Now that it’s complete, I’d like to look into doing the sprint booster/ sport button mod over the winter.

While the seats were out, I decided to take advantage of the opportunity and swapped in a black carpet in place of the beige.

Ermahgod I love it. The beige lower dash makes it look and feel like an individual interior with a leather wrapped lower dash. I need to find a proper cleaner to scrub the grain of the lower dash. I still need to get all the black trim pieces that go around the lower parts of the doors like the kickplates and b-column covers and I have the black center console waiting to get installed.

I also fitted new amber corners and TRS’s led fogs. I wife chewed my ass out for the way they were blinding her when I was driving behind her this week so that was a priority.

Just fogs....

Fogs and CBIs.....

Finally, I installed my bmw performance intake. The one I bought had had a hole cut out on the lower half and I was afraid to drive with it in the event of water splashing up into it. Thanks to Shawn’s insight I was able to use the top half of the perf intake with the lower half of the stock airbox. Just had to modify it a bit to allow the larger filter to fit properly and it’s in. Adds a nice bit of sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by joeybananaz18; 12-26-2018 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by joeybananaz18 View Post

While the seats were out, I decided to take advantage of the opportunity and swapped in a black carpet in place of the beige.

The black carpet is so much better. Are you going to two-tone the door cards?

I also fitted new amber corners and TRS’s led fogs. I wife chewed my ass out for the way they were blinding her when I was driving behind her this week so that was a priority.
    The TRS fogs need to be adjusted right out of the gate. They are normally aimed way too high. They can be adjusted pretty easily by loosing the screws on either side and just moving the assembly by hand, and tightening the screws to lock it in place.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    The black carpet is so much better. Are you going to two-tone the door cards?

The TRS fogs need to be adjusted right out of the gate. They are normally aimed way too high. They can be adjusted pretty easily by loosing the screws on either side and just moving the assembly by hand, and tightening the screws to lock it in place.
    Yea it was a quick fix. Really love how they match my CBIs.

Yes the door cards might be another winter project. But for sure they’ll need to get done. Won’t be happy until I have less beige in there. I think we’re all in agreement that beige and grey should have been done the way NB was.

Nice upgrades! How would you rate the heating seats retrofit? Was it difficult? I've seen a few projects somewhere and was thinking of do the retrofit.
    Having a heated sets is a must in North east.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Good stuff

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by RUS_ZHP View Post
    Nice upgrades! How would you rate the heating seats retrofit? Was it difficult? I've seen a few projects somewhere and was thinking of do the retrofit.
    Having a heated sets is a must in North east.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Tbh I dont have the technical expertise to tackle the retrofit, so I got in touch with a shop in my area to do it for me. They’re actually a really awesome group of guys and have actually sold a couple of zhps on BaT and built a couple of e46 race cars.
    No question the heated seats are needed for the NE. A few weeks ago I was contemplating selling the zhp for something with AWD and an Auto so my wife can drive it. I was (and still am) considering switching to an S3 when the time comes. But if I can at least teach her how to drive stick in the summer it might stay in the garage a bit longer.

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Good stuff

Thanks John. Hope you’re not in need of heated seats on the west coast as I was on the east coast.

They actually do help in the cool air coming off the ocean, esp. when the top is down. I know it sounds like I'm trying to be funny but it really makes a big difference. It's all relative.

Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

wow I can't believe its been almost 2 years since my last post here. 2020 definitely threw us all a curve ball, and olive wasn't immune to also being affected. OK, here we go. Back in November of 2019 I had to take my daughter to the doctor in an emergency. I realized that day that the zhp isn't exactly the most baby friendly car, especially considering my wife couldn't (and still can't) drive stick. God forbid I was out with her CR-V and she had to get our daughter to the doctor in an emergency, what would she do?
    Sooooooooo about two days before Xmas I picked up a CPO Mini Clubman All4 S.
    Automatic? Check.
    All Wheel drive? Check.
    Nav? Check.
    BMW quality? Check.
    Mini Feel? Check.
    Dad-wagon? Check.
    After Xmas and after family that was staying with us finally left, I went out to do something to Olive and battery was dead. I pushed it into the garage just to get it out of the way and sadly thats where she still is today. In March COVID was picking up steam and my wife and I decided it was best for me to quit my job and spend the next portion of my life as a stay at home dad. I was able to get a lot of things done around the house over the summer. We're expecting our second child in the next couple of weeks so I didn't want to take on any new projects around the house. So I decided to turn my attention to Olive.

In my last update, I had my heated seats put in and swapped out the beige for black carpet. I began building two tone door cards. The rears were all done but I was having some trouble with the fronts. the first set of fronts had a really poorly deteriorated airbag panel that I just couldn't use. This week I got my ass back in the garage and took another go at them. Im happy to say both fronts are completed and the passenger side is buttoned up. I should have the driver's side done tomorrow.

While I had the front door panels off I took the opportunity of installing my M3 mirrors. I had the passenger side up a couple of weeks ago but wasn't happy with the way it fit. It was also touched up pretty crappy on the base plate.

The clear coat was pealing on my rear bumper so I decided to have it resprayed. while I was packing it up to bring to the shop I removed the M3 mirror and had the redone. It came out looking great. I reinstalled it and it now sits o much better than it did. can't wait together the other side up.

If i can finish the drivers side, and get the rear bumper back up this weekend, I'll try to give her a good wash and snap some pics for everyone.

I really missed participating on the mafia in 2020. I'm looking forward to getting Olive back to her original glory. 2021, im coming for you.

Congrats on the baby ! And yes, new pics would be nice.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by fredo View Post
    Congrats on the baby ! And yes, new pics would be nice.
    Thanks fredo! Just a waiting game now. I’ll snap pics of the interior tomorrow. Got the second M3 mirror on. Going to clean off the gold Apexs tomorrow and put some air in the tires. Would like to see if my shop can transfer my snow tires over to my winter set for my mini clubman. I’d like to roll olive out of the garage and plan for a nice cleaning day on Wednesday- looks like a sunny autumn day.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast