Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool Looking for a first car. Manual. $5k (Chicago)

2003 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2004 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2005 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2006 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    Title says it all. There's no other first car I'd want aside from a clean E46 but I want to test my waters here first. Preferably a manual and in blue or black. Please respond if you have anything in my price range with reasonable miles. Thank you so much and hopefully a fellow enthusiast can help me get the right car.

Hmm. An E46 worth buying is going to be more than 5k... Something to keep in mind. For that budget, expect to buy an E46 330 with over or close to 200k, or a lower mileage 325i. If you want a ZHP, you'll be paying a couple of grand more than an equivalent 330i.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Honestly for that kind of budget. I'd look at a used Honda Accord.... probably early 2000s. It's going to be boring, but for your first car it will be affordable and reliable and not going to be an arm and a leg to repair.

Save the BMW dreams for when your budget is larger.
    "Scarlett" driven by Wisco (His)
    2005 BMW 330i Imola Red/Black Leather ZHP | 6MT
    MFactory 3.46 Helical LSD | Bilstein PSS | UUC Corsa TSE3

"The Girl with No Name" driven by Mrs. Wisco (Hers)
    2006 BMW 330Ci Imola Red/Sand Beige Leather ZHP | 6MT
    Box Stock

2007 e90 Black/Terra Leather SOLD
    2016 Honda Pilot (The family SUV)

I agree with BP that a 325 would be the way to go.
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Oli77 View Post
    I agree with BP that a 325 would be the way to go.
    Well I honestly don't recommend a BMW as a first car. I'm with Wisco on this one... A Honda is unbeatable as a first car. Cheap to maintain, and not much to maintain overall because it's dead reliable.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Buy the nicest, lowest mileage, cleanest 2002-2009 Toyota camry 4 cylinder that you can afford. Dead reliable, super efficient, perfect daily driver for when you get an E46 as a weekend car in the future. Seriously, these are hands down some of the most reliable and cheap to maintain cars and very comfortable and roomy. Also easy to work and learn on when maintenance needs arise.
    Fun Cars
    2010 535i M-sport Deep Sea Blue/Black (Sleeper/rocket)
    2003 330i ZHP Silvergrey/black 6MT - prepped for M3 drivetrain swap
    2005 M3 SilverGrey/Black 6MT
    2003.5 M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon SMG

I'd consider selling mine for that. But be warned it has warts (and road / curb rash) and 213k mi... and is in VA.

Honda Accord would be a good choice unless you like wrenching and have the budget to support owning an e46.

---
    "ZHP is a garbage option anyway- just some cosmetic upgrades with a different cam and diff to claw back some of the performance lost fitting those hideous and heavy wheels. Any 330 with a 3.46 diff will smoke a ZHP every time. The whole Mafia thing reeks of childish behavior." - anonymous E46 fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    I'd consider selling mine for that. But be warned it has warts (and road / curb rash) and 213k mi... and is in VA.

Honda Accord would be a good choice unless you like wrenching and have the budget to support owning an e46.

---
    "ZHP is a garbage option anyway- just some cosmetic upgrades with a different cam and diff to claw back some of the performance lost fitting those hideous and heavy wheels. Any 330 with a 3.46 diff will smoke a ZHP every time. The whole Mafia thing reeks of childish behavior." - anonymous E46 fanatic
    Yeah I'd love to work around my own car because I know the labor is pricey for these cars and it makes me feel good learning on my own! Also, honestly 325ci is no problem I just want an E46 in general haha

Quote Originally Posted by danilo View Post
    Yeah I'd love to work around my own car because I know the labor is pricey for these cars and it makes me feel good learning on my own! Also, honestly 325ci is no problem I just want an E46 in general haha
    Good Deal and these cars are pretty easy to work on. Lots of e46s out there. Go 330i !

Quote Originally Posted by 04yfz View Post
    Buy the nicest, lowest mileage, cleanest 2002-2009 Toyota camry 4 cylinder that you can afford. Dead reliable, super efficient, perfect daily driver for when you get an E46 as a weekend car in the future. Seriously, these are hands down some of the most reliable and cheap to maintain cars and very comfortable and roomy. Also easy to work and learn on when maintenance needs arise.
    Oh my please do not mention Japanese imports to me haha I hate them so much. My family had a camry it was a '96 and I am well aware of their reliability as ours went up to 300k miles before we got rid of it. I just hate them so much they're hidious and the driving experience on them sucks. As for the generation you mentioned, my father loves those and I personally hate them ahaha same reason, and also to point out those have an inline four I believe was the '96 generation has a V6 if you got that specific version.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast