Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New Guy - Knoxville, TN

Hey guys -

I've been lurking a bit for a few months, and finally pulled the trigger on a 2004 330i in Imola Red/ Alcantara 6MT w/ 129k miles. I picked it up yesterday, and honestly have only had time to out about 15 miles on it (basically a test drive), as I have a 5 day old daughter.

This is my first BMW, but I'm not new to fun or performance oriented cars, or cars with a great community behind them.

My first impression is that it feels a bit more unrefined than I had expected (could be the UUC lightweight flywheel/ clutch kit and loose shifting - gotta get that sorted). More refined than my buddy's E36 M3, but not as refined as my business partner's lightly modified 135i M Sport.
    I'm not sure if I'm going to use the ZHP for daily duty yet, but that was the original plan when I started my search, because my current DD gets about 12mpg and costs $65 or so per tank. This is my first 6 cylinder vehicle, and with the exception of my wife's cars the first of my last 4 that isn't a V8.

At this time, my plan is to basically maintain and refresh, with some light modifications if they improve OEM parts. First things on the list are
    refreshing the shifter or replacing it, replacing the oil filter housing gasket, getting the front seats refinished and performing some mild paint correction. When the weather clears up, I'll get some pictures up!

-Nadeem

Welcome Nadeem! Depending on the car's service history, you might also want to refresh the suspension bushings, ball joints etc. It makes a huge difference on how the car handles. Oh also the cooling system - that thing is a ticking time bomb if it hasn't been addressed already.
    anandoc

2004 330i auto | ZPP, ZCW | Schwarz 2 (668) | schwarz (N6SW)

aFe Stage-1 Pro DRY S intake | Morimoto FX-R 3.0 retrofit | ///M3 Seats (power, heat, bolster adj.) | ///M3 Strut Brace | ///M3 SMG Steering Wheel retrofit | OEM Alarm retrofit | GROM USB | Khoalty angel eyes

Quote Originally Posted by anandoc View Post
    Welcome Nadeem! Depending on the car's service history, you might also want to refresh the suspension bushings, ball joints etc. It makes a huge difference on how the car handles. Oh also the cooling system - that thing is a ticking time bomb if it hasn't been addressed already.
    Thanks! Cooling was addressed at 100k, motor mounts, tranny mounts, control arm bushings, end links, diff mounts and bushings, dampers/ springs and mounts were all addressed in the last 2k miles. Ball joints look good. Hopefully I can sneak down to the garage and spend some time with it to assess what else it might need.

Congrats and welcome.

---
    "ZHP is a garbage option anyway- just some cosmetic upgrades with a different cam and diff to claw back some of the performance lost fitting those hideous and heavy wheels. Any 330 with a 3.46 diff will smoke a ZHP every time. The whole Mafia thing reeks of childish behavior." - anonymous E46 fanatic

Imola good choice

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Welcome and good luck finding time to sneak to garage. Maybe between diaper changes?
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

Nadeem, welcome.

Sent from my S8+
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dinan; Hign Flow Intake System, & Strut Tower Brace
    Turner Motorsports; Underdrive Power Pulleys
    Koni Sport, Bridgestone; Potenza RE-11, Coby Wheel
    Stewart High Performance Water Pump
    Hawk High Performance Street 5.0 Brake Pads
    Brembo Rotor

The purposeful face of a formidable athlete:

The spine-tingling 330i Performance Package.

Purchased CPO on 12/23/2006 with 28,090 miles

Welcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Welcome. Congrats on the baby ! And the car too.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast