Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    @kayger12 are you still driving this? Thoughts a few years later?
    (Hi guys! )
    Hey Shawn. Turned her in after the two year lease. I absolutely loved every minute in that car. Never had a problem with her. Hated to see her go.

I still have the company car for DD duties and put around 2k a year on the zhp.

If I went for another new ride, the Alfa would still be at the top of my list.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Quote Originally Posted by kayger12 View Post
    Hey Shawn. Turned her in after the two year lease. I absolutely loved every minute in that car. Never had a problem with her. Hated to see her go.

I still have the company car for DD duties and put around 2k a year on the zhp.

If I went for another new ride, the Alfa would still be at the top of my list.
    Thanks for the feedback, Keith. I’m looking for something. Leaning towards a Cayman, but the wife is saying I need something more practical with four doors….

Stay safe out there.

Thanks for the feedback, Keith. I’m looking for something. Leaning towards a Cayman, but the wife is saying I need something more practical with four doors….

Stay safe out there.
    How about a zhp Shawn?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Hey Shawn, long time since I've posted something here but...

Caymans (?Caymen?) and Boxsters are surprisingly practical if you don't NEED the back seat and doors - they actually hold quite a bit of luggage/groceries/Costco. And my Carrera has the additional flexibility of carrying 1 adult in the back for short drips when needed.

In my experience owning these Porsches for the last 16+ years the biggest ongoing expenses are depreciation and tires.

If you buy the right ~5 years or more old car, depreciation can be reduced (if a DD) and eliminated (if more occasional use). 987/997 cars are now appreciating and provide a nice balance of modern reliability, performance and convenience while offering the "small" look and feel, NA flat-six motors, and a more raw/less isolated experience compared to the 991/981.

As long as you are running 17-19" wheels and don't need "the best" tires, you can knock the tire cost down quite a bit... although these cars eat rear tires for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Although there are lots of cars that beat the Porsche sports cars on paper and in stats, IMHO there nothing that combines the performance, driving feel, driving focus, and DD practicality of these cars.
    orange260z

2009 Porsche Carrera S Coupe PDK/Sport Chrono Plus - Porsche Racing Green / Sand Beige Full Leather
    1999 Miata - Brilliant Black/Tan Leather

Hey Ayan old friend. I stop by here every once in a while to check in on the family too.

Yeah I drove a 981 last week and swung by the house to see if suitcases and clubs fit. And they do!

My clubs even match!

Got two decent bags in the Frunk as well. Right now we have a dog (~16, so not sure how much longer he’ll be around...). The good news is Kim didn’t get sick on the short , but spirited test drive. A longer trip thru the mountains may end with a different result... sh said she could probably over come that by being behind the wheel! Ok, if that’s what it takes!!

Good point on the tires hadn’t thought of that. It does seem like most maintenance can be DIY and there is quite a bit of content on the forums and YouTube.

That is a nice match, I think it's a "buy me!" sign!!!!! If the car has the beige dash top be aware that the reflection can be pretty bad, US beige Porsche owners got free polarized sunglasses after a class-action lawsuit.

Before the kids, Sonia and I took some 1-2 week trips in the Boxster - it's amazing how much we could fit in there using soft duffel bags! Although the 911 has a bigger overall capacity in the rear seat and parcel shelf area, the trunk/hatch of the two-seaters are definitely more convenient. Sonia used to enjoy driving that car.

Maintenance - 15K kms/annual oil change, brake fluid every two years, spark plugs every 4-5 years (really just to keep them from getting seized). In 6 years I had two things go wrong in the Boxster - the ignition key switch (a plastic $5 Audi part, 15 minute job once you take 6 hours to figure it out!) and the driver's side heated seat element. That was it over about 6yrs/60K kms I put on after I bought the car 5yrs old with 15K kms coming off lease at a Porsche dealer. I also went through 4 pairs of rear tires and 2 pairs of fronts.

My experience with the 911 has been about the same, but I bought the car with higher mileage (60K kms) and have put on less (~30K kms in 6 years). Carrera S brake pads/rotors/service kits/sensors are pretty pricey, particularly if you go OE or OEM; but they last a long time. PDK clutch oil at 5yrs/100K kms was somewhat expensive as it requires the dealer computer to cycle valves.

I've switched from the original Michelin PS2 to the Conti ECS, and I expect much longer life out of these tires. The new-gen Michelins (PSS, PS4S) are similarly long-life. The 305/30R19 rears are quite expensive here in Canada, the Michelins are ~$600 each. I think the 981s use a 265/35R19 which is much less expensive.

I'm glad you got to take one on an extended test drive, I think you need to drive one to "get it", much like the ZHP.
    orange260z

2009 Porsche Carrera S Coupe PDK/Sport Chrono Plus - Porsche Racing Green / Sand Beige Full Leather
    1999 Miata - Brilliant Black/Tan Leather

Why the ZHP's Replacement is Italian

I’d like to find a car out of town and is both fly out and drive it back. Too risky??

The tires are 19s on the S car. 235/30 and 265/40.

Brake pad and rotor kit options:

F $300/R $480

And I’d heard the Cayman PDK fluid service could be DIY. Not sure if a laptop with SW is needed. KO
    Last edited by ELCID86; 03-15-2021 at 01:37 AM.

Well, I ended up in “another” German brand. I never thought I’d own a Coupe, but here we go!

Well, I ended up in “another” German brand. I never thought I’d own a Coupe, but here we go!

Congrats Shawn and I think you will enjoy driving this beautiful white machine

Congrats, man ! Please share details with us (year, model, miles, etc).
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast