Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    congrats, keith! i've loved the aesthetics and design criteria for this car since it was launched - would love to drive one! i pine for the quadrifoglio but i'd be happy with the Ti with the LSD, active suspension and sport seats.

how is the turbo 4? (sound, power delivery, etc)
    peter

2005 330iT ZHP | the Growlour

2010 328iT M Sport | smooth operator

Congrats! The giulia looks so big next to the Zhp in the second pic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    That's awesome KG. Congrats. I've been trying to sell Morgan on one of these for a while. As well as a Maserati.

Sent from my S8+
    Thanks, brother! Maseratis on the showroom floor were gorgeous.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Congrats! They are great looking and sounding cars from the few I've seen.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by webster View Post
    Congrats! Love your story. More pics!!
    Thanks, sir. Working on pics.

Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    I love it sir!!
    Thanks!
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Quote Originally Posted by BADCLOWN View Post
    Every time I see one of these driving I always stare a little extra longer. I love the fully loaded ones with all the goodies, interiors look nice, and if they are lowered I guarantee they would look unreal.
    Definitely could use lower. The AWD sits even higher than the RWD

Quote Originally Posted by holyc0w View Post
    I've been keeping my eye on this. The Quadrifoglio looks mighty impressive, but the regular version seems to hit the right balance. 280HP/306 ft-lb torque seems like a pretty good spot for a modern day ZHP too.

I was thinking this might be the best modern replacement. Out of BMW's current line-up, I'm only interested in the i8 and 2 series. Have any more thoughts to share on what's missing in the 2 series?
    The 2 series power was fun, but I couldn't get passed the steering. Just numb and disconnected. Missed the ZHP every corner or curve I hit.

Quote Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
    It's had a lot of great press, but has exhibited the all-too-familiar AR reliability issues. Here's hoping the warranty & local dealer keep KG's on the road!
    So far, so good. A lot of the reported issues early on were tied to software glitches and were corrected. At the end of the day, though, she's a first year production car and Italian at that-- so you have to expect some issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Wisco View Post
    I crossed shopped a M240/M228 against Scarlett and Scarlett won because:

1) Better overall driving dynamics. Sure the M240i had a beast of an engine, but it felt heavy and lumbering at time.

2) Back seat. Sure the 2-series has a back seat, but we're talking a pre-teen or smaller child can fit... not my 6 foot tall high school senior daughter.

3) Trunk

So practicality and fun factor won... and perhaps a Giulia is on my list in a few years when all the kids are finally out of the house.
    Heavy and lumbering is a good description.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    Congrats Keith. I wouldn't have even thought about that one. Glad you did!

Looking forward to updates.
    Thanks, my friend!

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    congrats, keith! i've loved the aesthetics and design criteria for this car since it was launched - would love to drive one! i pine for the quadrifoglio but i'd be happy with the Ti with the LSD, active suspension and sport seats.

how is the turbo 4? (sound, power delivery, etc)
    I'm loving it. She could use some more sound-- it's a little muted. Power delivery is pretty good in dynamic mode. In normal mode, the lag is more noticeable. Once you're rolling, she feels strong (passing, powering out of a corner), but punching it from a dead stop, you know you're not in the Quad, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    Congrats! The giulia looks so big next to the Zhp in the second pic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks! She looks bigger but fortunately doesn't drive bigger.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

Great car and great heritage! I have a 1991 164 sitting in my car port that has been in my family since 1994. I absolutely loved that car for years and put about 80,000 miles on it while it was my daily driver. It was a really advanced car for it's time and has unbelievable driving characteristics for a front wheel drive sedan.
    With the Giulia I was glad to see Alfa finally make its way back into the US market and with a car that recaptures their true heritage and driving dynamics. With a 1 year old and a 100,000 mile maintenance related work on both my ZHP and X3, I haven't driven my Alfa much in the last year, I hope to get working on and driving it again soon though. Congratulations and enjoy!
    Steve,
    2004 330i zhp
    2009 X3
    2013 X1 35i M-Sport

Mike Duff from Car and Driver: "In profile, it looks as if it’s trying to be an Italian E46 BMW."

Name:  Giulia Profile.jpg
Views: 424
Size:  1.20 MBName:  20170903_073953-2.jpg
Views: 440
Size:  567.0 KB
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

Quote Originally Posted by daytona90t View Post
    Great car and great heritage! I have a 1991 164 sitting in my car port that has been in my family since 1994. I absolutely loved that car for years and put about 80,000 miles on it while it was my daily driver. It was a really advanced car for it's time and has unbelievable driving characteristics for a front wheel drive sedan.
    With the Giulia I was glad to see Alfa finally make its way back into the US market and with a car that recaptures their true heritage and driving dynamics. With a 1 year old and a 100,000 mile maintenance related work on both my ZHP and X3, I haven't driven my Alfa much in the last year, I hope to get working on and driving it again soon though. Congratulations and enjoy!
    I saw a really clean 164 Quattro Formaggio here in Baltimore. Never new they were a thing. Friend had a Milano...inboard brakes can suck a fat one.
    Quote Originally Posted by kayger12 View Post
    Mike Duff from Car and Driver: "In profile, it looks as if it’s trying to be an Italian E46 BMW."

Name:  Giulia Profile.jpg
Views: 424
Size:  1.20 MBName:  20170903_073953-2.jpg
Views: 440
Size:  567.0 KB
    Boy it certainly looks great from all angles, KG! Congratulations!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by kayger12 View Post
    Rear hood & fender top lines are more F30-ish, to me.

Name:  BMW-3-series-320i-2012-3-8976.jpg
Views: 451
Size:  31.5 KB
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

Quote Originally Posted by Hornung418 View Post
    I saw a really clean 164 Quattro Formaggio here in Baltimore. Never new they were a thing. Friend had a Milano...inboard brakes can suck a fat one.Boy it certainly looks great from all angles, KG! Congratulations!
    Baltimore is home to the DiFatta Brothers garage http://www.difatta.com/ legends in the Alfa community. I believe that the owner Giovanni has a 164Q, I wonder if the car you saw was his? I last purchased some parts from them a few years ago, they are a very valuable resource in the Alfa community.

kayger12 if you haven't already you should check in at the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board http://alfabb.com/ a great community of Alfa owners. I spent a lot of time on there back in my Alfa project days and met a number of great Alfa enthusiasts.
    Steve,
    2004 330i zhp
    2009 X3
    2013 X1 35i M-Sport

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast