Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Anyone repainted their ZHP??? - I'm considering it.

I spent a good bit of time looking online for a clean ZHP with fairly low mileage. Most everything out there had close to or over 100K miles, so I settled for one with 68K. I live in New Orleans and the car I found was located at a dealership in San Francisco. It was a one owner car, had just undergone a full inspection by BMW and all the used car info sites gave it a good score and showed no accidents. The photos looked great but photo's can be deceiving...hello...Photoshop. So I asked the dealer about the condition of the paint and body. He told me that there was a small dent on the right rear fender and that it appeared that both rear quarter panels had been painted at some point. I thought no big deal and bought it site unseen. When it arrived, he was right about both rear fenders and as it turns out, both bumpers had also been repainted. I checked out the damage to the rear fenders that prompted their repaint, and the damage was negligible and identical on both sides as if the car was caught in an automatic closing gate or something. The previous owner was a woman, so I understand about the repaint on the bumpers.

My car was delivered at night. The next day I discovered that upper side of the entire body was covered with fine scratches in weird erratic patterns. I've tried everything to remove them, including wet sanding, but they're through the clear coat. I had planned on having only the rear quarter panels and bumpers refinished, but at this point I'm worried about paint matching, so an entire re-spray doesn't really involve that much more.

Also thinking of replacing the hood with an OEM M3 alloy hood. They cost less than some of the carbon fiber ones out there and I like the fact that it's OEM as well, not to mention weight savings.

So, has anyone re-sprayed their car? If so, how long was it in the shop, how much did it cost and what was the quality level of the work?

Contact nextelbuddy. He had his imola sedan repainted recently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

That M3 hood doesn't fit right out of the gate. It will require bodywork to make it fit properly.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    That M3 hood doesn't fit right out of the gate. It will require bodywork to make it fit properly.
    What type of modifications are needed?

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    Contact nextelbuddy. He had his imola sedan repainted recently.

I think he got a hell of a deal that you might not find in all locations.

His: 05 330 ZHP Imola Red - 07 Z4 M Coupe Imola Red
    Hers: 04 330i ZSP
    2004 325 M56 Steel Blue Metallic - Sold
    Stephen's DD & AutoX/HPDE Build Thread
    Stewart WP - Z4M LCAB - M3 trans/motor mounts - DICE MediageBridge Duo - ARC-8 17x8.5"
    DrVANOS - Mason Engineering Race Strut Bar - E30 Exp. Cap - Custom Black+Beige Interior - M3 Seats
    Bilstein PSS10 - Turner Sway Bars 27/21 - ECST RTAB Limiters - R.E. RSM

Anyone repainted their ZHP??? - I'm considering it.

I’ve thought about doing this and I think the price might change in certain areas or not. I’m not even sure correct me if I’m wrong on that.

But in NYC I asked a regular Dominican Paint Shop and they quoted me $3,000 for the whole car. I don’t really trust their quality of work. I wouldn’t get my zhp repainted their. Maybe just my front and back bumpers since I live in the the city my bumpers both have to get repainted every year. So I go to them because it’s cheaper but notice the quality is not the best.

I went to a reputable Paint Shop and was quoted $4,500 plus tax and I went to another shop and was quoted $5,000 plus tax.. so yeah a pretty freaking penny to repaint the whole car. But I’m sure they’re quality of work is good. Compared to the Dominican Shops.

Those are the prices I was quoted in my area Bronx/Manhattan/New Rochelle Area.

I don’t really know if they’re good prices or not to be honest again. So anyone with more knowledge on this can shine in on us.

PS: a Dominican Shop will charge me $250 flat to paint a whole front bumper.
    A Regular Shop will charge me $450-$500 plus tax to paint a whole front bumper.

Photobucket

Come to Atlanta, I have a guy that will paint your whole car, fill and smooth any dings, primer the car and paint 5 base coats and 3 coats of clear for probably around $1300-$1500 as long as there isnt any major damage and you arent doing a color change.
    2003 ZHP 332i | S54 6 speed
    2002 ZHP Touring | M54 6 Speed

I had mine repainted. I strongly recommend it if the clear coat is going bad.
    I spent $1.6k and it was absolutely worth it. The car looks brand new again.

Here's my thread:
    http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...ainted-the-ZHP

I don't know how you guys are getting such insane pricing. A car repaint is easily $4-6k in most places.
    Serious hookups lol
    Last edited by az3579; 09-29-2017 at 11:10 AM.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Can you post some pics of the damage?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast