Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Out of curiosity, what's his day job?
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

I could tell ya but you know how that goes....

no he paints full time but he chooses to paint at night when its cooler, its just his preference. guess hes a night owl
    2003 ZHP 332i | S54 6 speed
    2002 ZHP Touring | M54 6 Speed

I live in Atlanta, now I just need to come up with the spare funds!

Quote Originally Posted by nextelbuddy View Post
    I could tell ya but you know how that goes....

no he paints full time but he chooses to paint at night when its cooler, its just his preference. guess hes a night owl
    Ahh I see...
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

I hope this message comes off as informative rather than rude, because I know sometimes text online is completely misread. My thoughts... This is possibly worse than asking what oil to use in your car. Reason being, this is an extremely subjective topic with tons of variables. Subjective because we all see things differently and on top of that we all have different levels of both training (detailing, body shop, etc.) and levels of meticulousness (quality control, eye for detail, etc). Throw in there the variables... all the different types of paints and tools used for painting, so results can vary from completely shit to absolute perfection. Then of course there's the question of getting a deal because you know a guy, but usually the only way that gets you an actual good, quality job is if the guy you know is a great painter with access to a good booth or the owner of that booth who hires a great painter.

Long story short, a $1000 Maaco job will look great to some people and a $5000-6000 reputable body shop paint job will look "decent" to others. Then there's 1 Maaco shop out of every quadrillion that hired a good painter, good prepper and the $1000 job will look like or better than the above mentioned $5000 job.

Long story shorter, you can expect to pay a reputable shop that does good quality anywhere from $5000-10,000 for a full car paint job (this is retail and assumes you don't have a connection). This price will fluctuate based on location as well.

My recommendation is to find a reputable shop in somewhat of your price range and inspect at least 2-3 FULL cars they have painted. If they don't have any ready, wait for them to do it and see it in a few days or at least see multiple panels. Anyone can get lucky doing a panel or two (myself included with spray paint from automotivetouchup.com on my work van trunk, which looked nearly as good as oem due to OCD sanding, etc.), so see multiple panels on multiple cars. Again, preferable full cars so you can see exactly how they deal with jambs, prepping everything, taping/removing all trim, etc.

I'm considering this myself as my car has been poorly repainted probably 1-2 times in its life before I got it, but spending $6-8k on a toy that cost me $6k is a touch decision. Then again, with all the maintenance and mods that is now a $14k toy .

Hope you get a great job done if/when you go through with it buddy.

Great info Raja. Thank you

Sent from my S8+
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Come to Atlanta, I have a guy that will paint your whole car, fill and smooth any dings, primer the car and paint 5 base coats and 3 coats of clear for probably around $1300-$1500 as long as there isnt any major damage and you arent doing a color change.
    This entire post ^, is making me consider AIRBnB’ing in Atlanta lol that price is a god send... are you serious?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Come to Atlanta, I have a guy that will paint your whole car, fill and smooth any dings, primer the car and paint 5 base coats and 3 coats of clear for probably around $1300-$1500 as long as there isnt any major damage and you arent doing a color change.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZHP_Brandon View Post
    This entire post ^, is making me consider AIRBnB’ing in Atlanta lol that price is a god send... are you serious?

Need contact info.

Sent from my S8+
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Seems way too cheap. What kind of paint does he use?

Lol let’s all go down there! ZHP Repaint Meet!

Photobucket

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast