Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Front control arms

So, I have recently received a pair of Z4M front control arm bushings and I am looking forward to installing them. However, I now noticed I have some play in the passenger side lower control arm and it should be replaced. I have been looking at various online retailers because the dealership wants $580CAD per side and I thought that was a bit ludicrous.

So my choices are;

The package of genuine bmw performance control arms (looks like it doesn't have the genuine M badge on them)
    https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...t/31120429578/

The individual genuine pieces that look like they do have the M badge on them
    https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...t/31122341297/

The individual Lemforder peices that say ZHP but don't appear to have the M badge on them
    https://www.ecstuning.com/b-lemforde...122282121~lem/

I guess what I'm looking for is if there is a consensus on whether or not these are all exactly the same and if so is it worth just going with the Lemforder branded ones or if I should go with the package ones because they say "genuine bmw"

Thanks for any advice guys.
    Tony D
    2004 BMW 330I Imolarot/Alcantara 6MT

Installed:
    | KW V1 coilovers | Vorshlag rtab limiter | Rogue 12mm hubcentric spacers | UUC F+R sway bars | Rogue Ikon exhaust | Comforti Shark Injector tune | BMW performance rotors | Steward water pump | Euro clears | BMW performance gloss black kindney grills |

Lemforder zhp arms unless you want OE BMW ones that have the M logo.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

So literally the only difference is that m logo? For $100, that's insane!
    Tony D

Installed:
    | KW V1 coilovers | Vorshlag rtab limiter | Rogue 12mm hubcentric spacers | UUC F+R sway bars | Rogue Ikon exhaust | Comforti Shark Injector tune | BMW performance rotors | Steward water pump | Euro clears | BMW performance gloss black kindney grills |

Quote Originally Posted by Anubys View Post
    So literally the only difference is that m logo? For $100, that's insane!
    Correct. Lemforder is the manufacturer of them.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Good video here.

https://youtu.be/S6wTXQCXRNM

Sent from my S8+
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Good video here.

Sent from my S8+
    Are you advocating that I go with a Meyle LCA instead of the ZHP one?
    Tony D

Installed:

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Good video here.

Sent from my S8+
    In response to that video, all I can say is that when I put Meyle HD control arms and bushings (all at once) in my car, ALL of those items had failed within 30k. Never again.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

+1. I had a bad experience with Meyle FCAB. They lasted approximately 20,000 miles. My arm are original, but I am definetly will be replacing them with Lemforder, because I've heard many good things about them.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Right. I wasn't making a case for Meyle. Plus the video was published in 2010, well before any of us put Meyle stuff on our vehicles. Meyle quality has unquestionably gone down since then. Without a doubt.

I linked the video as I mistakenly believed this video compared BMW ///M control arms to Meyle and to Lemforder, which is still an OEM supplier to BMW.

My apologies for rustling the jimmies.

Sent from my S8+
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast