Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Lol @ rustling the jimmies, you don't see quality talk like that anymore. Honestly I didn't know that they had gone downhill and was genuinely curious if you thought the Meyle HD ones were a better option. But I guess all the other guys answered that real quick.
    Tony D
    2004 BMW 330I Imolarot/Alcantara 6MT

Installed:
    | KW V1 coilovers | Vorshlag rtab limiter | Rogue 12mm hubcentric spacers | UUC F+R sway bars | Rogue Ikon exhaust | Comforti Shark Injector tune | BMW performance rotors | Steward water pump | Euro clears | BMW performance gloss black kindney grills |

Some of my research (not practical experience) would suggest that Meyle HD is ok, but I typically play it safe, don't buy Meyle, and only buy Lemforder or BMW.

Sent from my S8+
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I can vouch for Lemförder's quality. It is significantly cheaper than OE, yet lasts just as long.
    The last time I had replaced my control arms and bushings (all Lemförder) was on 11/07/2015 at 235,504 miles, which was about 45k miles ago. After driving on shit roads every day, they're still holding up great. The replacement before that was almost 100k miles prior, and that lasted quite a while as well. When replaced, they weren't totally trashed, either - they were just starting to get a little bit loose.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

45k on New England terrible roads, that's realy reassuring.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Looks like I'll be going with the Lemforder branded ZHP arms then.
    Tony D
    2004 BMW 330I Imolarot/Alcantara 6MT

Installed:
    | KW V1 coilovers | Vorshlag rtab limiter | Rogue 12mm hubcentric spacers | UUC F+R sway bars | Rogue Ikon exhaust | Comforti Shark Injector tune | BMW performance rotors | Steward water pump | Euro clears | BMW performance gloss black kindney grills |

Quote Originally Posted by Anubys View Post
    Looks like I'll be going with the Lemforder branded ZHP arms then.
    Put some in my e46 touring last month and couldn't be happier with the choice, the original arms at 165k had torn boots and the ball joints where not nearly as tight as the new sets.

Quote Originally Posted by KIRIEIW View Post
    Put some in my e46 touring last month and couldn't be happier with the choice, the original arms at 165k had torn boots and the ball joints where not nearly as tight as the new sets.

Snap. Those puppies look beat. How'd you remove the old CA's? Just curious as to your method.

Sent from my S8+
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Snap. Those puppies look beat. How'd you remove the old CA's? Just curious as to your method.

Sent from my S8+
    Ball Joint Separator is your friend . I use it on EVERYTHING these days, just makes everything a whole lot easier. As you can see from the pic, I used it while installing my Lemforder Tie Rods too. As for the ball joints that go threw the subframe, loosing those nuts are a bit of a pain. You can't fit a socket/ ratchet on fastener.. I had to use a 21mm ratcheting wrench was it? Maybe it was a 22mm. Once those nuts are removed get your mallet out and literally smake the control arm with it, thats what the BMW DEALER repair instructions say believe it or not.

PS: Avoid removing your wheel speed sensor fasteners at all cost's, I snapped both bolts removing them. At this point I'll need to remove the entire knuckle once I get my e30 up to date on maintenance (so I have a back up car) and drill the broken bolt out.

Quote Originally Posted by KIRIEIW View Post
    Ball Joint Separator is your friend . I use it on EVERYTHING these days, just makes everything a whole lot easier. As you can see from the pic, I used it while installing my Lemforder Tie Rods too. As for the ball joints that go threw the subframe, loosing those nuts are a bit of a pain. You can't fit a socket/ ratchet on fastener.. I had to use a 21mm ratcheting wrench was it? Maybe it was a 22mm. Once those nuts are removed get your mallet out and literally smake the control arm with it, thats what the BMW DEALER repair instructions say believe it or not.

PS: Avoid removing your wheel speed sensor fasteners at all cost's, I snapped both bolts removing them. At this point I'll need to remove the entire knuckle once I get my e30 up to date on maintenance (so I have a back up car) and drill the broken bolt out.

Thanks for following up.

Sent from my S8+

I used to do this work myself. Unfortunately, due to an illness, I leave this kind of wrenching to my Indy. Any identifying markings on Lemforder CAs? Just want to verify I got what I paid for.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

06 330Ci ZHP, 6mt, nav, silver cube, alcantara
    04 330Ci ZHP, 6mt, nav, black cube, leather

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast