Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

MS45.1 tuning support now available

I'm told that support for tuning the MS45.1 DME is now available in BimmerEditor

http://bmweditor.com/Home/Product

To my knowledge this is the only publicly available product that will allow you to tune a MS45.1 DME.

I will probably get my hands on a copy in another month or so to check it out.
    2003 BMW 330i ZHP
    ESS Twin Screw Stage 2 - Wavetrac - Headers - Borla - BMW Performance
    Turner Motorsports - Powerflex - Hawk Performance

Build thread: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...yan-s-2003-ZHP
    Wheelwell: 2003 BMW 3 Series
    Fuelly: 2003 BMW 330i

Hey guys, exciting news, Renovelo has released their tuning product ByteTuner and MS45.1 support is on the way.

www.renovelo.com

I've been using their ByteLogger data logger software and it works great. I've been emailing the developer and he's got the RSA keys cracked and will be able to read and write tunes over OBDII! That is big news!

The only other solution that can read/write tunes over OBDII to MS45.1 that I know of is the Frieling racing tool used by some tuners and it only handles the flashing, its not used for editing the tune. As it stands now, if you want to tune your MS45.1, you have to remove your DME from your car and hook it up to a BDM or Kess on the bench. Then once you have a read of the binary off the DME you could use a tool like WinOLS ($$$$), TunerPro (but no maps are publicly available so that's useless), or BMWEditor by BimTun, but all that is a giant pain in the butt.

ByteTuner does the flash AND allows you to edit the tune on your car, so it will be a one-stop shop

Also BMWEditor is $400 and Renovelo is $250, great value IMO.

That said, I haven't been able to confirm what maps either BMWEditor has or Renovelo will have yet. I'm sure the basics like fuel and timing will be there, I just dont know if the others for changing torque maps for FI applications, disabling DISA, SAP, O2 sensors are there.

I think this is a significant development towards us MS45.1 ZHP guys finally being able to tune our cars
    2003 BMW 330i ZHP

ryan, that is some kick arse news - thanks for sharing!

i'm in the camp of wanting to eventually disable SAP and rear O2s when i get catless headers (even though i will run cats, just downstream). i know other places are out there that do this (AA offers that ability), but to be able to do it ourselves would be really nice.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Awesome news, Ryan! Does this mean I won’t have to convert my ZHP to MS43 for my TS3 install?

Quote Originally Posted by Phillips0417 View Post
    Awesome news, Ryan! Does this mean I won’t have to convert my ZHP to MS43 for my TS3 install?
    I wish I could say yes, but at this point in time I think you might still need to convert to MS43 if going with the TS3. The reason is that while I've been working on re-tuning my car for the TS2 kit I'm discovering the airflow of the TS2 is pushing to the limit the MAF and mg/stk load values in the MS45.1. At the stage I'm at now with the TS2 there is really minimal changes required to the MS45.1 to tune it. But to tune the MS45.1 for TS3 i think would require someone really dedicated to twisting up the MS45.1 to properly support the much larger power output, they would have to modify a lot more tables and rescale the MAF to try to properly read and react to the much higher load.
    2003 BMW 330i ZHP

I have two MS43 with keys and EWS and a harness if that time ever comes for me...
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    I have two MS43 with keys and EWS and a harness if that time ever comes for me...
    I found another key and ignition tumbler. I don't even know how I got so many computers, LMFAO

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

Lol save them for me. They must go to the second set
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

My ECU has crapped itself. Is this something I can delete the EWS with as well as do checksum correction?

I guess I never updated this, but Renovelo ByteTuner has released with full MS45.1 support a few months back.

I'm not familiar with how to delete EWS on MS45.1, but if it is done using any of the 2500 parameters in the configuration section of the binary, then ByteTuner can do it. ByteTuner will handle all the checksums for you when you do a write to the DME too. It will also flash your DME to the latest OEM BMW firmware version as part of the process.
    2003 BMW 330i ZHP