Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Help with fluid leak diagnosis

I topped up the washer fluid by adding about half a gallon. 5 minutes later when I parked the car I noticed a decent amount fluid leaking out of the car (guessing ~20oz in terms of volume). 90% of the volume was dripping out the bottom of the car directly under the driver's headlight, the other 10% was dripping out couple feet further back of that. Fluid is pretty clear, not much smell, and hot enough to hurt if you catch more than a a few drops in your hand. Let car sit for ~15 mins and the drip basically stopped. As soon as I started the car up, the drip resumed. No lights on the dash. Based on the volume lost, I don't think it's washer fluid as that reservoir appears to be at the level I filled it to.

I'm assuming I'll drop it off at the shop that's only a mile down the road in the morning provided no further loss of fluid over night.

Hopefully this is enough info for a accurate diagnosis! Thanks

Check the coolant expansion tank reservoir.

Has the cooling system been replaced at all recently?

Thermostat, water pump, and tensioner/idler pullies have been done within the past 2 years. I guess that means all the hoses and the tank are original. Assuming I just need to replace hoses and the expansion tank, about how many hours is reasonable for a shop to charge? Think I'll pass on this DIY.

I don't know what a shop would charge, but I'd wager it takes about three hours? It's a relatively easy DIY if you have the tools and parts. You'd save a fair amount on labor, but I understand just leaving it to an indy.

My thought is that as it's a pretty cheap but pretty crucial system, probably best to have someone who knows what they are doing get in there and make sure it'll be good for another 100k miles. I need a break from all the suspension stuff I've been doing on the car!