Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Harbor Freight Ball Joint Service Kit....FCAB's?

https://www.harborfreight.com/ball-j...les-63258.html

Does anyone know if this will work or has anyone used the above press to do FCAB's
    I remember a thread that I think was on E46F that someone had used this for RTAB's and diff bushings but never really said if it would work for FCAB's. It's normally $100.00 but they have it on sale this month for $60. I've been watching for it to go on sale since I read the mentioned post and if it will do FCAB's I'll pick one up for certain.

I don't think you can use this for FCABS but you can rent a 3 jaw puller from auto zone for free for the FCABS DIY...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    I don't think you can use this for FCABS but you can rent a 3 jaw puller from auto zone for free for the FCABS DIY...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    +1

I made a small pin punch in the end of my control arm, then I use a 3 jaw puller. Works flawlessly.

Sent from my S8+
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

But, getting the new on is always a pain in the ass for me. Do you guys have any tricks/tips for that?

dish soap to get it back on the control arm. Slippery enough to get it on there then drys out for a tight grip.

OP: if you mean something to press the bushing out of the bracket, I'd recommend a hydraulic press. I've heard it's a bitch to get those out. I always replace the whole thing for that reason. However, I have the ball joint press you speak of and it works great fro RTAB. If I remember right, there isn't enough room to fit tool where it needs to go to do the rear diff bushing...
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Johnmadd View Post
    But, getting the new on is always a pain in the ass for me. Do you guys have any tricks/tips for that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    dish soap to get it back on the control arm. Slippery enough to get it on there then drys out for a tight grip.

OP: if you mean something to press the bushing out of the bracket, I'd recommend a hydraulic press. I've heard it's a bitch to get those out. I always replace the whole thing for that reason. However, I have the ball joint press you speak of and it works great fro RTAB. If I remember right, there isn't enough room to fit tool where it needs to go to do the rear diff bushing...
    Yep. I used dish soap and a tiny amount of water and lubed up both surfaces liberally. Popped right on.

Sent from my S8+
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Yes I meant to press the old bushings out in case you wanted to install Power Flex or something like that. I've used a hydraulic press as well as a Sawzall before to press the old bushings out.