Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

After collision and total loss (ZHP), advice for parting it out?

I was t-boned last week in my 2005 ZHP. As soon as I'm cleared to purchase the car back through the insurance company, I'm hoping to recover some of the losses (thankfully I wasn't at fault for accident), and I also want to make sure that good parts go to good people.

I didn't want to post this in classifieds since I don't have prices for anything (nor do I technically have the car back yet)

What's is the best route everyone thinks I should take to do this? I don't know where the parts would be most valuable (to others), on this forum or elsewhere.

Many of the larger components (engine, drivetrain, computers) *should be in good condition to sell.

I've parted out cars before but on a very different platform. I just don't know if with a ZHP I would be better off trying to sell the whole car as is to someone or parting it out piece by piece.

Thoughts? Advice? Thank you in advance.

I wish I was closer. I'm fixing up an '05 that had been in an accident. There were a few parts that I needed.
    John||2005 BMW 330i ZHP||1995 Chevrolet Camaro 3.4L||2008 Hummer H2 SUT|| @oltorf.the.destroyer

Sorry for your loss, that's a bummer. What body style was it (coupe, sedan, vert)?

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Sorry for your loss, that's a bummer. What body style was it (coupe, sedan, vert)?
    Thanks. It's super depressing. Loved that car so much.

It's a coupe, same one that's in my profile picture.

Bummer. Glad you're Ok. Buy it back, part it out and buy another one that's in equal or better condition!! I love mine and could not imagine driving anything else.
    Ron ///Man

'06 ZHP Coupe 6sp Sparkling Graphite
    '02 330ci SE46 Racer
    '03 330ci Endurance Racer

I hope all goes well

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

2005 330i ZHP - Daily
    111k miles
    2006 330ci ZHP - Project
    54k miles

Webster has a really good thread on the demise of his ZHP. He recounts his experience with his insurance company. May be helpful in getting what your car is actually worth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by droman81 View Post
    Webster has a really good thread on the demise of his ZHP. He recounts his experience with his insurance company. May be helpful in getting what your car is actually worth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Excellent! I'll look for that. That will be very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by Ron///Man View Post
    Bummer. Glad you're Ok. Buy it back, part it out and buy another one that's in equal or better condition!! I love mine and could not imagine driving anything else.
    Thanks! I'll definitely be buying it back to part it out. I hope I'll be able to recover a few thousand from it. Any idea how much the engine (runs perfectly) with 150k miles on it would be worth?

While it's definitely not a ZHP (which I'm going to utterly miss every day), and not exactly the best daily driver, I've got a 2008 M3 that needs some work done before I can register and drive it again.

Good luck!

I'll be one of the vultures that might look into your part out.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast