Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

RHDEngineering ITB

My initial thought is that's a ton of money for 20 HP.

http://racehead.com.au/products-page...w-m54-itb-kit/

Sent from my S8+
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Looks gorgeous though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Adam
    Sparkling Graphite Metallic / 2005 BMW 330CI ZHP / STEPTRONIC
    Corsa TSE3 "Light" Exhaust / Sprint Booster with Sport Button Mod / TMS Underdrive Pulleys / Mechanical Fan Delete / KW V1s in front + Koni Sports in rear / VMR 710's / Umnitza Angel Eyes / Euro Mirrors / BMW Performance Shift Knob and E-Brake Handle / Custom Installed 2-DIN Pioneer AVH-4100NEX with Back-Up Cam

Pretty neat but ouch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i think 20hp is the bonus... the sound alone is probably going to be worth it!

coding out the DISA will be a must, but it does mention about a "complete idle control valve circuit".... i mean, we've got DBW throttle bodies, so i wonder how they handle that.

looks nice though. would love to hear how it sounds!

EDIT: "Drive by wire throttle operation is not supported." whoops. i guess it's out of the question then...
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    EDIT: "Drive by wire throttle operation is not supported." whoops. i guess it's out of the question then...
    Yeah, this doesn't make sense. All M54's had drive-by-wire as far as I know... so how is this product supposed to be a bolt-on for a motor that utilized a drive-by-wire throttle body? lol
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Yeah, this doesn't make sense. All M54's had drive-by-wire as far as I know... so how is this product supposed to be a bolt-on for a motor that utilized a drive-by-wire throttle body? lol
    It looks like you actually add a throttle cable during install...?

This is a complete bolt on kit that will fit m54 bmw engines. Kit is supplied with standard m50/42/44 cable attachment that will fit both LH and RH drive vehicles. Drive by wire throttle operation is not supported.
    Edit: nvm. The engine pic below looks to be an S52. I don't know how this works.

Yeah it says it comes with an M50/42/44 cable attachment so I'm guessing you have to install the cable and can no longer use drive by wire.

I thought this looked pretty cool until I shit my pants at the price tag.
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

Quote Originally Posted by Newjack View Post
    Yeah it says it comes with an M50/42/44 cable attachment so I'm guessing you have to install the cable and can no longer use drive by wire.

I thought this looked pretty cool until I shit my pants at the price tag.
    Not only will you not be able to use DBW, but the traction control system won't work either, and you'll be greeted to yellow warning lights every time the car is started.

I really don't know why this bothers me so much. Somebody explain! lol

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Not only will you not be able to use DBW, but the traction control system won't work either, and you'll be greeted to yellow warning lights every time the car is started.

I really don't know why this bothers me so much. Somebody explain! lol

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

EDIT: Why is it showing the same image again but saying attached image?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

I have a feeling they are either falsely advertising this product or made an honest mistake stating it's for an M54. It's not as simple as "we've provided a throttle cable"... that requires modification to make it work, as well as the software (DME, MK60, maybe EWS?) implications of making this work in a non-halfass way (read: warning lights) makes this more complicated than they lead us to believe. That means this is not truly bolt-on for an M54 application...
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast