Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

RHDEngineering ITB

My initial thought is that's a ton of money for 20 HP.

http://racehead.com.au/products-page...w-m54-itb-kit/

Sent from my S8+
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Looks gorgeous though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Adam
    Sparkling Graphite Metallic / 2005 BMW 330CI ZHP / STEPTRONIC
    Corsa TSE3 "Light" Exhaust / Sprint Booster with Sport Button Mod / TMS Underdrive Pulleys / Mechanical Fan Delete / KW V1s in front + Koni Sports in rear / VMR 710's / Umnitza Angel Eyes / Euro Mirrors / BMW Performance Shift Knob and E-Brake Handle / Custom Installed 2-DIN Pioneer AVH-4100NEX with Back-Up Cam

Pretty neat but ouch

i think 20hp is the bonus... the sound alone is probably going to be worth it!

coding out the DISA will be a must, but it does mention about a "complete idle control valve circuit".... i mean, we've got DBW throttle bodies, so i wonder how they handle that.

looks nice though. would love to hear how it sounds!

EDIT: "Drive by wire throttle operation is not supported." whoops. i guess it's out of the question then...
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    EDIT: "Drive by wire throttle operation is not supported." whoops. i guess it's out of the question then...
    Yeah, this doesn't make sense. All M54's had drive-by-wire as far as I know... so how is this product supposed to be a bolt-on for a motor that utilized a drive-by-wire throttle body? lol
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Yeah, this doesn't make sense. All M54's had drive-by-wire as far as I know... so how is this product supposed to be a bolt-on for a motor that utilized a drive-by-wire throttle body? lol
    It looks like you actually add a throttle cable during install...?

This is a complete bolt on kit that will fit m54 bmw engines. Kit is supplied with standard m50/42/44 cable attachment that will fit both LH and RH drive vehicles. Drive by wire throttle operation is not supported.
    Edit: nvm. The engine pic below looks to be an S52. I don't know how this works.

I have a feeling they are either falsely advertising this product or made an honest mistake stating it's for an M54. It's not as simple as "we've provided a throttle cable"... that requires modification to make it work, as well as the software (DME, MK60, maybe EWS?) implications of making this work in a non-halfass way (read: warning lights) makes this more complicated than they lead us to believe. That means this is not truly bolt-on for an M54 application...
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

I have a feeling they are either falsely advertising this product or made an honest mistake stating it's for an M54. It's not as simple as "we've provided a throttle cable"... that requires modification to make it work, as well as the software (DME, MK60, maybe EWS?) implications of making this work in a non-halfass way (read: warning lights) makes this more complicated than they lead us to believe. That means this is not truly bolt-on for an M54 application...
    Interestingly enough I agree with your argument, but I follow @2MRichard if I’m not mistaken on IG and he has a Turbo Top Mount ZHP widebody coupe, and he has modified his throttle body to have a throttle cable, etc.... Not to say it is easy, but I agree with you on the heavy modification because his entire build appears to be custom, I question the integrity of this though because why has no one whether Race car or not, has had a true review of this product? i call false advertising

There is probably only a handful of people in the country that would actually take an M54 this far...
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Yeah it says it comes with an M50/42/44 cable attachment so I'm guessing you have to install the cable and can no longer use drive by wire.

I thought this looked pretty cool until I shit my pants at the price tag.
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast