Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Newjack View Post
    Yeah it says it comes with an M50/42/44 cable attachment so I'm guessing you have to install the cable and can no longer use drive by wire.

I thought this looked pretty cool until I shit my pants at the price tag.
    Not only will you not be able to use DBW, but the traction control system won't work either, and you'll be greeted to yellow warning lights every time the car is started.

I really don't know why this bothers me so much. Somebody explain! lol

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Not only will you not be able to use DBW, but the traction control system won't work either, and you'll be greeted to yellow warning lights every time the car is started.

I really don't know why this bothers me so much. Somebody explain! lol

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

EDIT: Why is it showing the same image again but saying attached image?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

This is not just gains to the top end but little to no losses to the lower and mid range.
    Hmmm... I would like to keep the low-end and mid-range.

Slap a BMW Performance brace over the top of it and make it turbo. Id take that motor over an S54. Much more character.
    Modification Thread
    Original Car: Silver Grey on Grey, A/T (1 of 186)
    As it sits: Silver Grey on Black, M/T (1 of 51)
    European Auto Source Tech
    Instagram: @CarbonZHP

Quote Originally Posted by CarbonZHP View Post
    Slap a BMW Performance brace over the top of it and make it turbo.
    I hope you don't mean the carbon fiber one.
    Would be a total shame if it cracked.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by CarbonZHP View Post
    Slap a BMW Performance brace over the top of it and make it turbo. Id take that motor over an S54. Much more character.
    yep, that would be the best use for it.... the stock M54 manifold doesn't play well with FI... too many holes in it...
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

I contacted RHD ages ago about how to make this work and they said that it could work with the stock PPS and EMU wired to a M throttle body actuator (S54 probably) assuming you can mount it and get the linkage to work with the kit.

"yes thats exactly what i was saying, i have seen someone making some s60 throttles open and close using the factory m54 ecu, he just tapped the wires from his engine bay and ran them to an engine that was sitting on the floor and the throttles all opened and closed etc. So it will work using a standard m54 ecu and an M series actuator! (s54/62/85 etc) The actuators can be picked up second hand quite cheap.

Now im not saying the ecu still wont need a little bit of tweeking etc but it can definitely be done and fundamentally it will work straight off."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12