Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I had mine replaced with pilkington 2 years ago I think, it’s been fine.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

I've emailed my insurance company agent again asking about getting OE glass installed. I have State Farm. If they won't help me with my current policy I'll be taking my business elsewhere. Their rates are way too high and being a customer for over 10 years hasn't earned me anything.

I get so sick of always having to be on my toes about this stuff.

I looked up the DOT codes and while I don't know what Pilkington DOT glass this company will use, I'd still rather have that BMW roundel on it. Glass is one of those things you engage every time you drive your car. You are always using it, just like a keyboard, shoes or your bed. I really want to get something quality and not have to worry about it for a while.
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

Quote Originally Posted by Newjack View Post
    I've emailed my insurance company agent again asking about getting OE glass installed.
    If you're willing to pay the difference between the aftermarket glass your insurance typically wants to use vs. dealer glass it shouldn't be a problem. Flex your muscles with the agent!
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

I just had a Pilkington windshield installed last week and It looks absolutely perfect, no waves or defects. Both the auto headlights and auto wipers work just as they did previously, so no issues there either. The installation of the gasket is another story and I hope that I can eventually get it set in evenly all the way around.
    Steve,
    2004 330i zhp
    2009 X3
    2013 X1 35i M-Sport

Quote Originally Posted by daytona90t View Post
    I just had a Pilkington windshield installed last week and It looks absolutely perfect, no waves or defects. Both the auto headlights and auto wipers work just as they did previously, so no issues there either. The installation of the gasket is another story and I hope that I can eventually get it set in evenly all the way around.
    Can you post the DOT number here?
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Same here with the '02 325xi - perfect fit & operation with the Pilkington.
    If you're referring to the trim around the top & sides of the glass, if it doesn't fit correctly (ex. - glass isn't centered in opening) it will have to be cut out & repositioned.
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

DOT number?
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    Or a picture of the label

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    I will try to grab it later today and post.

Quote Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
    Same here with the '02 325xi - perfect fit & operation with the Pilkington.
    If you're referring to the trim around the top & sides of the glass, if it doesn't fit correctly (ex. - glass isn't centered in opening) it will have to be cut out & repositioned.
    I don't think its so much that the windshield is off center, as the space between the windshield and the A-pillars where the seal fits is fairly even all the way around, I think its more that the seal itself got a little twisted when they were fitting the glass into place. Since I got a nice windshield and it seems to be centered and sealed well (no air noises) I am going to see if i can twist the seal into place better with my plastic trim tool kit.

The E46 windshield is a tough install with the molded seal that has to be placed in with the glass. I had a windshield replaced in my E83 X3 last year and it is a much more straight forward installation. The glass gets glued on without the seal and the rubber seal then gets pushed into place around the windshield afterward, there are also A-pillar trim pieces that cover up the sides of the glass, so you only ever really see the rubber strip at the roof line.
    Steve,
    2004 330i zhp
    2009 X3
    2013 X1 35i M-Sport

This is exactly what I'm avoiding. I don't understand how something can break, you have insurance, and they say "oh well replaced it for free!" and then give you a shit version of what you originally had.

No, I'm paying you bastards to replace what I already own.

Depending on what the difference is in OEM vs Chinese windshield, I'm gonna raise hell about it (politely)
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast