Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Help with upper intake boot

Hi guys, I have a small issue with the upper intake boot. I received the boot, which is much longer than one currently installed on my car. Part numbers is correct and I verified it on several websites. There is one difference between them however. Correct parts had the following numbers stamped: 1 438 761 D1, while incorrect has everything the same expect it had D3 at the end.
    I am going to return the part without a problem, but how should I make sure that I am ordering a correct one. On all sites I am seeing this part number: 13541438761.
    On the picture, top part is what I have installed and bottom one is what I recieved. As you can see, they are very different in length.
    Anybody had this issue in the past?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

That is the correct P/N

I've never had this issue, but I usually cut the old boot off. Maybe the heat/cold cycles make the boot actually shrink.

Sent from my S8+
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Thanks Dane.
    It's realy wierd. I tryed to intall it and didn't come nice. After I placed the air box back, it made a bent and deformation of the boot.
    I am going to call FCP and find out of that D1 or D3 mean anything l.

I tried searching around on google, but couldn't find a boot with the ridges on the end like your old one.

Did you mix up part #3 and part #6?

Quote Originally Posted by onaquest View Post
    Did you mix up part #3 and part #6?
    I did not. I changed lower intake boot ad well and it sits perfect.
    I am going to give a call to FCP and ECS and see what they going to tell.
    According to Real OEM upper boot us suitable for all M54 engines.

Quote Originally Posted by holyc0w View Post
    I tried searching around on google, but couldn't find a boot with the ridges on the end like your old one.
    The ridges were caused by the hose clamps. The boots are obviously different - will be interested to hear the solution/answer.
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

Quote Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
    The ridges were caused by the hose clamps. The boots are obviously different - will be interested to hear the solution/answer.
    Oh geez

Quote Originally Posted by RUS_ZHP View Post
    Hi guys, I have a small issue with the upper intake boot. I received the boot, which is much longer than one currently installed on my car. Part numbers is correct and I verified it on several websites. There is one difference between them however. Correct parts had the following numbers stamped: 1 438 761 D1, while incorrect has everything the same expect it had D3 at the end.
    I am going to return the part without a problem, but how should I make sure that I am ordering a correct one. On all sites I am seeing this part number: 13541438761.
    On the picture, top part is what I have installed and bottom one is what I recieved. As you can see, they are very different in length.
    Anybody had this issue in the past?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

10. I know this is an old thread but I just went through a related issue. My 03 ZHP had a cracked upper intake boot. So I purchased a replacement from ECS. I wanted to save a few bucks so I went non-OEM. I know there are some things where this doesn't matter but it did on this one. I had to stretch the new boot to make it fit on the MAF end by the airbox and the whole process took 2+ hours (I should have informed FCP Euro at the time but I did not). That was two months ago. It got really cold here and a hairline crack developed in the new boot where I stretched it. It was small but enough to give me the P0171/174 code(s). New boot showed up today. It fit like a glove and got the whole job done in under 15 min. Live and learn. I will now inform FCP.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast