Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Brakes: OMGWTFBBQ I can’t contain this mess

I briefly spoke of this in my own personal thread but wanted to make a separate one. If this needs to be moved to detailing please do so.

So I use meguairs with a poly solution (wax) for washing my car (yellow liquid) and really like it. In the past, I have washed my wheels with it as well and when doing so it leaves this film on my rotors. Usually, I go for a drive and bust it all off and it’s fine but leaves yellow dust all over the wheel that I have to then clean off. This last go around (and maybe due to the fact it was the first wash since the drive out to VA and probably the dirtiest car has ever gotten under my ownership), I used griots wheel cleaner (first time using, followed instructions). This time I presoaked the wheels with water as instructed, washed the car and rinsed, then did the wheels last. This got the wheels very clean but left a heavy film on the rotors. I dried the car and drove 5 mins home doing some heavy braking to eliminate the coating. By the time I got to the garage the wheels, primarily the fronts (BMWP CALIPERS, EBC red stuff pads, BMWP rotors all with 3k miles or so and purchased brand new), were COVERED in yellow liquid runs and dust from the film left by cleaning the wheels with the product. I spent a long time cleaning the wheels and they still aren’t back to my normal expected level.

My question is this as I have never experienced this issue or had this much of a modified brake setup on any car I’ve owned:

Is this normal? Why is it happening? How can I prevent it or alleviate some of the film that’s coating my rotors?

Is it the compound of the rotor/chemical causing the problem? Is it one acting alone or are both to blame? Do I need to change detailing products for washing and wheels? Are my rotors defective?

This drives me nuts and I feel like it’s not normal. I def have never had the problem before (even with this car before the brake swap)
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

I would change detailing products for the wheels. Use something that's not a liquid so that the product avoids touching the rotors and calipers.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.