Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rovert View Post
    I was ghetto. I used a box cutter and cut a flap at strategic spots. I can just press down / pull up for access to adjust my shocks. When I let go of the hard trunk liner, the flap goes back into place with no sign of marks.
    I like this idea as well but the E46 trunkliner is way softer than the E90 one. I was planning to do it this way but I like the cover better.

#Notes

It occurred to me I failed to post notes about my wheel fitment after the installation!

18x10+25 275/35/18 inner sidewall did not clear the front suspension due to the extra height from the helper spring. The tire was barely rubbing on the lower spring perch. The wheel was pushed out 3mm with a spacer change with plenty of room to spare.

#Update 2018-12-10

#Motorsport Hardware lugnuts
    Black Friday purchase! I installed Motorsports hardware extended lugnuts to replace the smaller open-ended nuts as extended ones are much easier to unbolt.

They sure look good!

#Alpine Tune
    I also purchased Alex's Alpine MSS Stage 1 tune during Black Friday. Along with the lugnuts, I also decided to upload the tune to my car. The install was seamless and simple with Alex's instructions. I opted for a Stage 1 with speed limiter removed and Servotronic adjustment. I also asked him for a tune without the Servotronics in case I don't like it.

Unfortunately, I had a pre-existing throttle actuator code so I am unable to test drive the car. I ordered throttle actuators but they haven't arrived yet from M Power Motorsports. They seem to be very popular and back ordered 4-6 business days. Hopefully, they arrive this week and I can tackle them soon.

#Motorad Thermostat

On another note, I will most likely be ordering a Motorad 880090 thermostat. This is from a Dodge Viper/Ram and it is a 190F thermostat. In comparison, the factory OE opens at 175F. I'm sure you are asking, "Hey Derek, why would want a thermostat that opens later?". I asked the same thing when I found out about this on Instagram. From I gather, the time between 175 and 200F can be reduced with this thermostat and provide better improvements to the engine. I don't see any downfall to this as it means the car warms up faster and gets to operating temperature faster. Plus the part is $22!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BppXgfdABmO/

#Brakes
    I finally got all my refresh parts for my brakes.

OE Front and Rear Rotors
    OE Brake pads
    OE Brake sensors
    OE Brake Hardware
    Bimmerworld SS Lines with insulation
    PFC08 Front and Rear pads

The end-goal is Laguna Seca with SpeedSF in April 20th so I got some time to throw this stuff in. I just need to order some Castrol SRF fluid and I'll be ready to refresh the brakes!

Final note:
    New plates!

Scooby Doooooo

That's it for this entry. I will update more after I get my throttle actuators in and I can test drive the new stage 1 tune.

I hear great things about the PFC08s, and I’m interested to hear your assessment. It’s the only pad PFC offers for my 135/BMWP brakes.

That plate is awesome, and the wheels look killer.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    I hear great things about the PFC08s, and I’m interested to hear your assessment. It’s the only pad PFC offers for my 135/BMWP brakes.

That plate is awesome, and the wheels look killer.
    That's what I heard. I always wanted them but at the time I had carbotech pads to kill. They should be a well rounded pad for the track without wearing out too crazy and easier on the rotors than most track pads. I won't be able to tell you until most likely April.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love all the latest mods

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

#2018-12-16 Sunday Funday
    I purchased a set of rebuilt throttle actuators from Abdul at Mpowermotorsports.org . He is the official North American distributors for Jason of Rebuilt.org.uk. For those that don't know, $720 will you get rebuilt throttle actuators that are upgraded and have lifetime replacement warranty! This is cheaper than $1000+ from the dealership that have the same design flaw that will fail again.
    https://www.mpowermotorsports.org/on...nit-p102632002
    Re-Manufactured Throttle Actuator Unit

Unlimited Miles Lifetime Warranty
    Gears upgraded to superior materials made in the USA that will outlive the car
    All Mosfets replaced
    Transistors and capacitors tested
    Voltage regulator, microprocessor, serial Eprom tested or changed
    Fast shipping! Free shipping if a set (2) actuators are purchased!

##Installation

The actuators arrived last Thursday and I was able to take some time today to install them. The install was very uneventful and I'm glad it went very smoothly! Overall, removing the intake box was very easy with just different length flat head screwdrivers, torx bits, magnetic pickup and an interior plastic trim removal tool. The install took a little over 1.5 hours as I was very slow and careful in the beginning.

##Instructions via newTIS.info:
    https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e...l-unit/Hk4mWh9

##ISTA D system test
    I followed BMW TIS instructions and ran a system test on both the actuators while the car was off. The throttle actuators passed with flying colors and the test drive afterward went eventful.

I love it when maintenance works out so smoothly.

Nice werk!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    I love it when maintenance works out so smoothly.
    And then you think "that can't be right, it can't have been that easy" and you spend 10 minutes checking that everything is right before cautiously cranking the car

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    And then you think "that can't be right, it can't have been that easy" and you spend 10 minutes checking that everything is right before cautiously cranking the car

Oh believe me, that is exactly what happened. During the ISTA system test of both bank1 and bank 2, the ignition is not on so I was very cautious about starting it up. lol

Nice to know that is an upgrade to fix a faulty design. Glad to hear it went smoothly

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast