Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Very cool you found a car you wanted! Enjoy the ride.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Subscribed. Derek, sad to see your ZHP go, but sounds like it is in good hands.

Of the daydreams I have been having, an E9x M3 is on the short list. I still think about the not-so-stock M3 coupe I was stuck next to in traffic a few years ago. When the bottleneck loosened, that thing took off and the exhaust note sounded like pure sex.

I'm leaning more and more towards this too... I need a V8 in my life.... if I can just deal with the fuel bill
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    There’s no doubt the F80 is one sexy, and downright impressive car, but the E9x is the last of an era (yes I know they say that about every single generation of ///M car).
    They say this about every ​generation of 3 series.

For every person who complains about E/Fxx generation of car there's someone who has one that complains about the next generation after that. It's a vicious cycle. lol
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post

For every person who complains about E/Fxx generation of car there's someone who has one that complains about the next generation after that. It's a vicious cycle. lol
    Lol I almost prefaced my comment with “I know Botond disagrees, but...”
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    BMW jumped the shark when the E30 replaced the E21.

BMW jumped the shark when the E36 replaced the E30.

BMW jumped the shark when the E46 replaced the E36.

BMW jumped the shark when the E90 replaced the E46.

BMW jumped the shark when the F30 replaced the E90.

The sky is falling.

Fxx generation is a new breed though. Electric power steering, turbos, etc.

What every single generation of ///M car has in common is that each new generation gets bigger and bigger.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Quote Originally Posted by poke08 View Post
    Subbed! I've been going back and forth on picking one of these up or getting an employee lease on an F80. Looking forward to your build
    Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    There’s no doubt the F80 is one sexy, and downright impressive car, but the E9x is the last of an era (yes I know they say that about every single generation of ///M car).
    Thats a tough one. V8 noise is way cooler than I6TT but the new F8x is wayyy faster.

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Very cool you found a car you wanted! Enjoy the ride.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Thanks JR! I will miss the ZHP dearly.

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Lazlo View Post
    Subscribed. Derek, sad to see your ZHP go, but sounds like it is in good hands.

Of the daydreams I have been having, an E9x M3 is on the short list. I still think about the not-so-stock M3 coupe I was stuck next to in traffic a few years ago. When the bottleneck loosened, that thing took off and the exhaust note sounded like pure sex.
    Yes me too! Brett has a black E30 M3, white e30 touring, imola Zhp (selling since he bought mine), Black E70 X5d. I think the biggest change will be an exhaust mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    I'm leaning more and more towards this too... I need a V8 in my life.... if I can just deal with the fuel bill
    So far I've averaged 8mpg for 13miles cause I was "learning" the torque of the car. LOL. EPA 14/20 is rough.. I would expect around 12mpg or so for when I drive it.

Ideally, I would do some maintenance before the mod bug bites me hard.

-BE Rod Bearings + BE ARP Bolts
    -Throttle Actuators
    -Idle Control Valve
    -Thermostat

When mods do come into play...

The current focus of this vehicle is a weekend warrior with the capability of tracking the vehicle. I'm not sure I want to go to the same extent as the ZHP this time around.

-Retain EDC
    I like to retain the luxury button to adjust dampening on my center console. This left with very few options. The cheaper route would be to go with swift spec R springs which were developed for the upper limits of stock shocks. The other spectrum of that would be Bilstien B16 Damptronics at $3000 without a camber kit. I opt to go with the swift spec R springs and coding in the ZCP EDC settings to improve the dampening settings a bit.

-OEM+
    With the spacers, I can bring out the look of the car without changing too much. 15mm/12mm seems to be the norm as suggested by EAS's blog.

This car below inspired me by showing me a visual of exactly that. I don't want to follow it exactly (ie painted bumper reflectors, painted CF performance spoiler) but I do like the overall look on the 219M wheels with spacers with a small drop.

https://europeanautosource.com/blog/...-m3-sedan.html

Plans with no immediate timeline.
    -Tint (hopefully 40%)
    -15mm/12mm Spacers
    -90mm Wheel studs
    -Swift Spec R springs
    -Vorshlag Caster/Camber Kit
    -ATE Type 200 Brake Fluid
    -SS Brake Lines
    -G-LOC R10 brake pads for track
    -Apex EC7 Silver or Anthracite 18x10et25 all around on 275/35/18 Bridgestone RE71R

-OEM Exhaust Mod. This one is very cool. The middle chambers are cut open. Baffling is removed and the #5, #6 pipe are replaced with straight pipes instead of perforated. This will most likely cost $300 of labor + 2 hours of my time at a local muffler shop. There is one in Belmont, CA that does these all the time. I might end up doing this one first cause it dramatically changes the soundtrack.

Of course video of how it sounds like:

I need a V8 in my life....

For sure! I need one so badly. Pretty much, everything thing is turbocharged these days. I know V8 car, but I should, because the value of thru V8 German sedan is still affordable.
    Derek, your move to E90 is very logical for me. I love a good 4 doors sedan! Since BMW never produced a four door version of e46, e90 is the way to go. And M3 is the great example!
    Going backwards to e36 four door m3 in USA is quite a joke, because of that terrible engine.
    I am looking forward to the great project thread of 4 door, slick top and that's important, V8 M3.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RUS_ZHP View Post
    I need a V8 in my life....
    I miss both the V8s I had... a 460ci in my tow vehicle and the 4.2 bi-turbo in my RS6. Both seemed to get the same MPG.

Going backwards to e36 four door m3 in USA is quite a joke, because of that terrible engine.
    LOL!

Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast