Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    And even worse yet, some of the new models have regressed even further into idiocy and have one light function as brake lights AND turn signals, in red.
    I can't believe the crap that is happening right now.
    What's with the same side headlight that turns off when the blinker is on?

Sent from my Note 9 using Tapatalk
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    What's with the same side headlight that turns off when the blinker is on?

Sent from my Note 9 using Tapatalk
    https://jalopnik.com/heres-why-moder...hen-1792394567

...[this phenomenon] is because of FMVSS 108...If the DRL is close to the Direction Indicator, or even incorporated, You have to turn off the DRL during indicating
    Monsters

Quote Originally Posted by holyc0w View Post
    The U.S. doesn't even allow the proper sequential turn signals in the back that Audi has in Europe. That's why you see the sequential part light up along with another static blinking light. Looks pretty half-ass due to the regulation.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Gotta love DOT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Ricer Mods"
    Sunday Funday! I decided to continue my ricer mods and I installed two more!

# Venoxy Cluster Gauges
    I was browsing the m3post comestic forums and a few replacement face threads popped up recently. The brand Venoxy stood out because they created wonderful OE-like overlays that replace the OE ones. The version I purchased were black faced with MPH only and the M logo has be converted to be backlit. I wanted something that looked more like the modern M clusters while cleaning up the clutter of having both speed units on the speedometer.

## Installation
    The installation wasnt too difficult.

### Tools required
    T10 torx bit
    Plastic trim tools
    Heat gun
    Goo Gone or something similar to remove excess adhesive
    Rubbing Alcohol
    Patience

Removing everything was pretty simple, the hardest part was really putting back everything perfectly.

### Installation notes
    • The overlay's adhesive is very strong. On the MPG and Fuel gauge area, there are a few spots where the overlay is larger than the plastic it sticks too. This resulted in an area that was super sticky and the warmup dial got stuck on this during testing. I had to take it apart again to add some clear plastic shaped to the area to prevent it from sticking again.
    • The needles should not be shoved on too tight. If you press the needles from the center down towards the gauges, it should have spring-like bounce and come back up. If it s too tight, it won't do this. Ask me how I know..:
    • The fuel gauge motor was loose during re-installation. I opened the rear and found out that the wormgear somehow popped out of its place. It is most likely when I removed the needles or something. I fixed the issue and was back up and running.

### Impressions
    The quality of the overlays is very close to OE. It has proper spacing and everything just seem to match in terms of spacing and everything else. However, I'm a little disappointed in how it looks more reflective than the very matte OE black ones. This is shown in the picture above and I'm not sure how it will fare when I'm driving with some sun in my cluster. I have not tested the car in the dark yet, but I'm sure that won't be a problem. I love the less-cluttered look and pretty happy with them.

# M3 trunk emblem
    Nothing too special here, just a wonderful gloss black M3 logo.

That's it for this entry. Till next time!

Looking good!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

#ricer4Lyfe

Took a pic when it was darker. I'm in love with that lit ///M logo hahahahahaha

The MPH-only looks great
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    The MPH-only looks great
    I am definitely not close enough to the border to warrant KM/H.

The slightly shinier look from the replacement faces originally was a concern but now that I’m used to it, it has not been a problem.

More “racer” upgrades are on the way. I just ordered a Apple CarPlay module to work with the CIC unit. It shipped from China yesterday so we will see how long before those arrive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"More 'racecar' upgradees"

On Saturday, I installed Kremersino wireless Apple Carplay module in my car.
    I purchased this kit from Aliexpress and the link is here:
    Link

#Hardware

For under $300, you get a CarPlay module that connects inline with the LVDS cables and iDrive cables. This allows the steering wheel buttons and idrive controller to control Apple Carplay since our CIC is not a touchscreen device. With the distance we have between our seat and the screen, I wouldn't want to try and reach anyways.

#Installation
    Overall the installation was not too difficult. Install time was about 2 hours for proper routing of the external mic to the passenger side of the dome light area and cleaning up the wire routes to the idrive controller. The module itself is a bit big and sits underneath the glovebox trim panel there. It does bulge a little there but the LVDS cables are too short to put it in the fusebox area behind the fake wall. I was able to pop oen the vent by the parking brake and use that as a route to the AUX line.

##Notes
    • This utilizes AUX IN. This means you can't listen to the radio and get audio from ACP for navigation. I solely use Spotify or Apple Music, so this is not a big issue to me.
    • This also uses an external mic. I routed it near the factory mic and it works fine with Siri. There has been reports of poor audio quality on the other side of the phone call but I have not tested calling nor do I expect to use it very often. You can use the factory BT to make calls as a workaround until the vendor issues a software update to possible address this issue.

##Impressions
    My goal with this upgrade was to modernize the screen in the second hump. This provides a way for my phone to update and provide the latest CarPlay interface to the screen. When new Carplay features come out like iOS13, I would get them here!

###Connectivity
    Wireless Carplay works most of the time. I can't attribute if the issue is specifically to my phone running iOS13 Public beta 3 or if it is the module not playing nicely. Either way, I'm trying to reproduce the issues to provide the vendor some more details. Charging on the USB seems a bit slow and may require a double USB to add additional power.

###Audio quality
    AUX IN has limitations as it is an analog signal coming from a DAC in the module. The audio is clear and does not sound muddle. However, it does sound like it is lacking bass and feels more like monitor headphones. The vendor maybe able to fix this via a software update but we will see when that comes around.

###Controls
    To switch between CIC and ACP, you hold the Menu button down. The idrive controller navigation works with scrolling the dial and pushing down to accept. The steering wheel controls to skip work. I have not tested Siri on the steering voice controls but holding down the option button works to invoke Siri. Scrolling the dial on the iDrive controller is similar to all non-touchscreen cars with Apple Carplay like certain Mercedes Benz cars or even BMW's own setup. The forward/back buttons under the preset seems to not be working but I'll check in with others and the vendor to see if this is an issue that can be fixed.

#### Overall Impressions
    I'm a happy camper with caveats. The install was good but not happy with the location of the box, the audio is adequate and hopefully better with a software update. The most important thing was that I have ACP navigations apps on my main screen now instead of my little phone. Maybe next up is OEM wireless charging in the armrest now..

If you read this far, thanks for reading!

Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 LastLast